The World Cup Thread!

kwik-silva

Guest JadeIsRad

My brother is shouting at me for supporting Mexico because I don't like England :rotfl:

It's not my fault they have an attractive, badass goal keeper too. Honestly. :shifty:

The Swiss fluked a goal and parked the bus, terrible stuff. Thta being said, Spain had their chances and never took them. No one to blame but themselves. If only Navas could cross a ball.

That sounds familiar. maybe from a certain run that led to a certain Scottish team to reaching the UEFA cup final...:mrgreen:

That sounds familiar. maybe from a certain run that led to a certain Scottish team to reaching the UEFA cup final...:mrgreen:

Yeah man, that Celtic 2003 Seville team were awful for that. :mrgreen:

Oh wait, they're not Scottish. ;-)

I'd argue that we didn't "fluke" goals, we actually set up to counter attack when the opposing team was exposed. There could've been a nice gold watch in the Spanish half but the Swiss weren't having any of it. Plus beating Werder Bremen 2-0 at home and Sporting Lisbon 2-0 away takes at least some abilty to attack. The 3-0 demolition of Lyon in France is another fine example. Either way; boo for Switzerland.

Yeah man, that Celtic 2003 Seville team were awful for that. :mrgreen:

Oh wait, they're not Scottish. ;-)

I'd argue that we didn't "fluke" goals, we actually set up to counter attack when the opposing team was exposed. There could've been a nice gold watch in the Spanish half but the Swiss weren't having any of it. Plus beating Werder Bremen 2-0 at home and Sporting Lisbon 2-0 away takes at least some abilty to attack. The 3-0 demolition of Lyon in France is another fine example. Either way; boo for Switzerland.

Yeah man, I'm only messing and do agree with what you say about Rangers.

I do however disagree with the original statement. Switzerland are a very defensive team, they got to the 2nd round in the world cup without scoring a goal I believe? And tbh, Spain's team is just scary, a lot of teams are going to be defensive against them. It's Spains own fault really, the goal was down to their own poor defending.

I do however disagree with the original statement. Switzerland are a very defensive team, they got to the 2nd round in the world cup without scoring a goal I believe? And tbh, Spain's team is just scary, a lot of teams are going to be defensive against them. It's Spains own fault really, the goal was down to their own poor defending.

They exited the tournament in the second round in 2006 without ever losing a goal if that's what you're on about?

I totally understand being defensively minded when playing against a team like Spain. But at least show some sign of attacking prowess. I'm struggling to remember any time there was an effective counter attack mobilsed by the Swiss cause the Spanish spend a lot of time in the opposition's half and it wouldn't be hard to set up a quick break. But they just seemed content to see the game run down from the get go. Then when they scored, they were even more content. They probably could've grabbed another if they took a chance cause if I'm honest, Spain pressed hard but their final ball let then down badly.

Hey guys, I join the thread I'm French and I'm sorta supporting the team

They deserve to lose, there's no spirit whatsoever, the way they play is such a snoozefest and they're so arrogant

The only players I feel sorry for are : Gignac Loris Valbuena Evra who seemed willing to win