The World Cup Thread!

kwik-silva

I'll be going for the USA in the USA/England match on June 12th. Normally us Canadians would be against the Americans in any sport, but in a way I guess you could say I'm cheering for North America. The USA represents our continent.

Yeah, but 4-3-3 sucks, the offensive talent of France isn't exploited well by Domenech.

The proof is that they didn't scored against China's B team, and only scored one goal against Tunisia. :lol:

4-5-1 will be back for the World Cup ;) After this campain, Domenech will get out :mrgreen:

COME ON SERIOUSLY why on earth there is football teams for ENGLAND and for SCOTLAND and for WALES and for NORTHERN IRELAND?

ok next time lapland will take part in this too. and helsinki metropolitan area. and maybe central finland should have it's own team too? :shifty:

yeah i know it's NOT the same thing but still. when did this whole thing become non country vs country thing? so basically the UK has better chances to win this than any other country?

and yeah it's not about them being the biggest "enemy" of finland cause we suck but still 8-) i just don't like that.... it doesn't make much sense doesn't it? :D

EDIT: oh my such a good english i speak

COME ON SERIOUSLY why on earth there is football teams for ENGLAND and for SCOTLAND and for WALES and for NORTHERN IRELAND?

ok next time lapland will take part in this too. and helsinki metropolitan area. and maybe central finland should have it's own team too? :shifty:

yeah i know it's NOT the same thing but still. when did this whole thing become non country vs country thing? so basically the UK has better chances to win this than any other country?

and yeah it's not about them being the biggest "enemy" of finland cause we suck but still 8-) i just don't like that.... it doesn't make much sense doesn't it? :D

Well considering Scotland and England were the first two nations to EVER compete in international football in the 1870's, it's been going on quite a while. ;-)

Plus your "better chance" argument would only really be valid if that actually were true. Seeing as only one of the four constituent nations of the United Kingdom has only won one international trophy, once.

Well considering Scotland and England were the first two nations to EVER compete in international football in the 1870's, it's been going on quite a while. ;-)

Plus your "better chance" argument would only really be valid if that actually were true. Seeing as only one of the four constituent nations of the United Kingdom has only won one international trophy, once.

You have a point there but still :P Wouldn't it be more fair to all the countries if there was only ONE TEAM per country?

I don't mind it that much (tho it maybe sounded like that) but I just find it weird. :P

You have a point there but still :P Wouldn't it be more fair to all the countries if there was only ONE TEAM per country?

I don't mind it that much (tho it maybe sounded like that) but I just find it weird. :P

It would actually be less fair to the other countries. A UK team would stand a 33% greater chance of victory than just England alone. So everyone else is, in theory, more likely to win while we are divided.

It would actually be less fair to the other countries. A UK team would stand a 33% greater chance of victory than just England alone. So everyone else is, in theory, more likely to win while we are divided.
I bet you know a lot more about football and the UK than I do so I just shut up about this (soon) :P

More fair or less fair but I think there should be one team per country. Maybe the UK would always win but at least as a country 8-) And hey wouldn't be much cooler if all the best players around the UK would be in the same team? It would be great for you guys too, right? (:

And what's so different about football and hockey? In hockey there's Great Britain not Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland separately :)

I bet you know a lot more about football and the UK than I do so I just shut up about this (soon) :P

More fair or less fair but I think there should be one team per country. Maybe the UK would always win but at least as a country 8-) And hey wouldn't be much cooler if all the best players around the UK would be in the same team? It would be great for you guys too, right? (:

And what's so different about football and hockey? In hockey there's Great Britain not Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland separately :)

Well in football, we have a larger pool of players than in hockey (which is unfortunate, cause I love hockey but it's massively unpopular here) so it would be harder to field separate teams in hockey than in football.

But, if it was a UK team, it would be made up primarily of English players (like it or not, Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish players are rarely of a similar standard/ability as English players nowadays). So our states would have to support a team made up of players almost entirely from outwith our home lands. Which would be laaaaaaaaame.

Well in football, we have a larger pool of players than in hockey (which is unfortunate, cause I love hockey but it's massively unpopular here) so it would be harder to field separate teams in hockey than in football.

But, if it was a UK team, it would be made up primarily of English players (like it or not, Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish players are rarely of a similar standard/ability as English players nowadays). So our states would have to support a team made up of players almost entirely from outwith our home lands. Which would be laaaaaaaaame.

I actually got it now :P

It would make more sense if they had the UK team but it's not that simple like you said. Maybe this is the best way for us all, I just find it kinda weird tho it makes much more sense now :P