vBulletin Flaw

Dustin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10714192

Luckily my idea of getting the hell away from vBulletin forum software saved us a potential threat. vBulletin is having a MASSIVE problem right now, with a horrendous flaw discovered in the software that allows hackers to take almost all users' information. Thankfully, we now use IP.Board, and don't have to worry about that.

So to all the IP.Board haters on here who don't like the shift to better forum software, you better be thankful now! haha

I don't think it's harsh when saying vBulletin has a real mess on their hands. Thousands of people own a vBulletin license for v3.8.6. It's the most popular version (3.8 ) out of all of their software. Which means millions of people use a vBulletin forum daily. All their data is at risk. PF was on 3.7, next step up was 3.8, but instead of going to 3.8 or even 4.0, we chose IP.Board, therefore saving humanity from the evils of the world. OK maybe that last sentence was an exaggeration :twisted:

Well I'm glad the Inception Theories forum is using the latest vBulletin software. :D

Haha I know. I saw it and I was like ugh...don't wanna be here. But the theories kept me going back.