warped tour blog

so, as i am being bored and not working i discovered this on the warped tour pit blog:

Our New Pit Reporter Covers the Kick Off Party

Pit Blog

Fri May 19 @ 07:04 AM

If you would've told me a few months ago that I would be standing at the Warped Tour pre-party in Los Angeles chances are I would have been confused. Until recently, my summer plans consisted solely of my return to working at Subway. But life works out in pretty cool ways sometimes and here I was ready for my first night in the role as your new pit reporter. Except for my pen kept drying up every time I tried to take any notes and I couldn't get the camera to work right.

I wasn't sure who everyone around me was and the people I thought I recognized I couldn’t quite identify. Two tall guys in colorful flashy suits came up behind me and loudly asked me a question I didn’t understand. It was really loud in there and I was confused enough to begin with and suffering from jet lag. I figured that since they were wearing the crazy get-up (first rule of Warped fashion, don't let anything limit you) they might be in a band. I was right- the duo made up one half of Kennedy (kisforkennedy.com) who would be performing later that night. The blonde (with the Elton John glasses) introduced himself to me as Kennedy, the self-proclaimed brains, and the other Bobby, as the brawn of the group. They also informed me that they had no idea what dates they were actually playing the Warped tour but they were sharing a bus with Kevin Lyman all summer. But I definitely don't believe that last part and neither should you.

Everyone was milling about getting pumped for the show that was about to go on upstairs. Upon meeting me, Tim McTague (Underoath) proceeded to sign my name as well as everyone’s around me in sign language. I was impressed (by the sign language obviously). Pint-sized Haley Williams, the lead singer of Paramore, ran by me unassumingly. Her performance that night was anything but however. She radiated with energy on the stage with the voice to back it up. I also eavesdropped to hear many young boys in the audience practice their marriage proposals to her.

If you were there, you already know what kind of set Underoath put on. For those that weren't lucky enough to be in attendance, I suggest you do not miss this band's set at any of the dates this summer. The crowd was nearly exploding onto the stage in reaction to the energy the band was giving out. Complete with frantic stage dives kids hurled themselves into the air. This was the beginning of Warped and if it's any indicator of how the tour is going to go down this summer then my advice is that you better be there. It's the season you've been waiting for-Warped Tour.

13 comments | Login to post a comment

couldn't find another post about it, thought i would share it with you all. :D