Mayday Parade

kissablexthreat

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wanted to take a break from music for a while. There wasn't any animosity in his departure, he just wasn't feeling inspired to continue doing music and he wanted to leave. Then he realized that he couldn't imagine doing anything other than creating music so he started Go Radio.

I don't think Mayday are wildly different from that either. The only main difference (bar the fact that voices sound different, which you could argue is important but like I said TBS have had 4 combinations and they've managed fine) is that, in some songs, Mayday place more prominence on the 'backing' vocalist by giving him more parts to himself and not just singing different lyrics in the background.

Mayday don't layer them in the same way. For the most part they rarely overlap the voices, except on a few choruses for depth and towards the end of songs. TBS, on the otherhand, use their backing vocalist like Mayday do towards the end of songs like Three Cheers and Jamie All Over except more throughout the song with Great Romances being a prime example.

Also, you could argue that the songs where Jason was more prominent were the songs he himself wrote. Chances are they were intented in such a way, but we won't find out until album number 2 if that's the case.

I'm not sure why I've wrote so much, holiday boredom I suspect. Feel free to "tl;dr" my ass.

Actually, I agree. I guess I never realized it simply because you know, Mayday's vocals do sound so different and for some reason TBS's vocals seem kind of similar to me.

I personally like the songs where Jason is lead better. The emotion in his voice is a lot more raw and expressive than Derek's, in my opinion.

Jason does add the raw emotion that Derek sometimes lacks. I think with the new album however, since Derek is writing it, he'll have more of an emotional connection to the words.

And as for the guitars, I have to agree Maddie. Alex has a way of making the guitar extremely emotional.