Gatsbys American Dream

thebrowncoat

Wow, we seriously don't have a thread for these guys?

New album = amazing. It's unbelievable. Go buy it. Now.

Although the version I downloaded from iTunes is kind of quiet...I had to crank the volume way up...I don't know if that's an iTunes thing or if they just recorded it with a low natural volume...

Either way, it's a great, great record.

Wow, we seriously don't have a thread for these guys?

New album = amazing. It's unbelievable. Go buy it. Now.

Although the version I downloaded from iTunes is kind of quiet...I had to crank the volume way up...I don't know if that's an iTunes thing or if they just recorded it with a low natural volume...

Either way, it's a great, great record.

what songs would you reccommend from the new album? because i heard a few on em on purevolume, and i thought it was just okay. a liked the last album though so i'm debating about getting this one

Well, I've only listened to it once, so I'm not sure I can recommend specific songs yet, although Margaritas and Cock (brilliant title, there) and Station 5: The Pearl did stand out on the first listen...

I do think it's more accessible on the first listen than the other GAD albums...but I'm not sure the song structures are as complex. That doesn't bother me much, but it might bug some other GAD fans...

what songs would you reccommend from the new album? because i heard a few on em on purevolume, and i thought it was just okay. a liked the last album though so i'm debating about getting this one

Well, I've only listened to it once, so I'm not sure I can recommend specific songs yet, although Margaritas and Cock (brilliant title, there) and Station 5: The Pearl did stand out on the first listen...

I do think it's more accessible on the first listen than the other GAD albums...but I'm not sure the song structures are as complex. That doesn't bother me much, but it might bug some other GAD fans...

I purposely didn't download this... gotta buy it today. I'm excited to hear it.

AP.net's review of it was interesting...

I tried to go read that today, but the site's apparently still screwed up and it keeps asking me for an administrator's password to read the reviews...

I tried to go read that today, but the site's apparently still screwed up and it keeps asking me for an administrator's password to read the reviews...

My favorite band <3. I got my preorder on Friday. I love when I get stuff early like that. I have a soft spot for Cut the Strings and The Dragon of Pendor but then again there isn't a song of theirs that I dislike. I like the new album more everytime I listen to it.

My favorite band <3. I got my preorder on Friday. I love when I get stuff early like that. I have a soft spot for Cut the Strings and The Dragon of Pendor but then again there isn't a song of theirs that I dislike. I like the new album more everytime I listen to it.

I tried to go read that today' date=' but the site's apparently still screwed up and it keeps asking me for an administrator's password to read the reviews...[/quote']

It's fixed now in case you haven't read it yet.. http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=159655

It's pretty biased since Scott LOVES gatsby's... but i think it's a good review nonetheless

And I love the new album.

I tried to go read that today' date=' but the site's apparently still screwed up and it keeps asking me for an administrator's password to read the reviews...[/quote']

It's fixed now in case you haven't read it yet.. http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=159655

It's pretty biased since Scott LOVES gatsby's... but i think it's a good review nonetheless

And I love the new album.

Great review...and that explains the more lo-fi raw sound of the record.

I love it as well.

• 2 weeks later...