warped interview.

paramoreLOVE x

a warped tour interview

when i was at warped tour in san diego, this random guys handed me a booklet and i looked through it and there was an interview hayley did. i don't know if anyone has posted this, so if they already have i'm sorry. i looked back and didn't see it, so i don't think anyone has.

While most girls her age are worried about what they'll wear to prom this spring, Hayley Williams has other things on her mind, like wondering what bands she'll be hanging out with on the Warped Tour. As the lead singer for Paramore, Williams is the spotlight not only due to her age, but also because she's a female in a largely male-dominated industry. But, despite only being 17 years old, the red-haired singer is handeling everything like a pro.

Williams answered some questions via e-mail from London where Paramore was touring prior to returning to the US. to join the Warped Tour.

SKRATCH: As veterans of the Warped Tour, what did you learn last year that will help yopu out this year?

HAYLEY: When you think you've got on enough sunblock, you don't.

SKRATCH: Can a band like Paramore manage to make any money on the tour or do you do it for the exposure?

HAYLEY: We didn't make that much money on the tour. If anyone was going to know us before our record came out, we had to play warped. It worked.

SKRATCH: Have your parents had to make any personal sacrifices so you could pursue your dream of being a rockstar?

HAYLEY: My father has had to come out with us a lot. He has made a lot of sacrifices for us. In fact, most of our parents have made sacrifices to help us achieve this deam. We are really blessed to have supportive families.

SKRATCH: What bands influence you?

HAYLEY: Failure has always been a huge influence for us as musicians. Josh spoke to Ken Andrews not too long ago about the way he inspired us. Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine was at our show in L.A. last week (which was ridiculous, by the way) and hunter was able to proclaim his undying love for him. Life is pretty good right now.

SKRATCH: What was the first big show you went to and the first show you went to at a small club?

HAYLEY: I saw N*SYNC when I was in fourth or fifth grade. Yes, I know, ha ha. When I moved to Nashville, the first band I saw was Copeland and it was the greatest show. It was at the great venue called The End, which, by the way, is where we played our first show.

SKRATCH: Do kids pass along CD-Rs or send you MP3s in hopes that you'll be abe to pass it on to Fueled by Ramen and help get them signed?

HAYLEY: We get CD-Rs all the time. Last Warped Tour, we had a huge pile that we kept on the dash in our van. We listened to most of them to help pass the time. There is this one band in Nashville called Cecil Adora that we've been friends with for a while and we just think they are incredibly talented.

SKRATCH: Are you familiar with Be Your Own Pet? They are another young band from Tennessee with a female singer who is barely old enough to drive. Have you played any shows with them? Is there rivalry between the bands?

HAYLEY: Yeah, we do know of them! I think they are great. No, there isn't any rivalry. We try our best to stay out of those types of games.

SKRATCH: Can you see yourself doing this when you're in your 30s or 40s or do you have a backup plan?

HAYLEY: This is a real career to us. It's the only thing we want to do and we feel sort of called to do it. Paramore will be the neighbor that comes over for tea and never leaves.

SKRATCH: what is the most "rock star" moment you've had?

HAYLEY: It was last night. We usually like to hang around the merch booth with the fans, but in London, when we got to the booth, we were mobbed! It was quite scary, actually. These two gigantic security guards came out of nowhere and swept us out of it all. Bless those men.

SORRY IF THIS HAS BEEN POSTED.

be my guest to delete it if so.

• 5 weeks later...