John Mayer

whatsername104

I have a friend who went to the same high school as John and knew him pretty well, so I've been familiar with his music for awhile...back when Inside Wants Out first came out...I saw him open for Glen Phillips (lead singer of Toad the Wet Sprocket) at a tiny show in Charlottesville, VA back quite a few years ago...that was a great show...

John's a spectacular talent and an amazing guitar player...but I haven't been as fond of his more recent music as I was of his earlier stuff...in my mind, he still hasn't written any songs better than "Comfortable", "3x5" or "Why Georgia"...

I also can't figure out if he's really changed as much as he sounds like he has sometimes in interviews (where he can come off sounding very, very confident...almost cocky at times....but I can't tell if it's just an act or not) or if he's still the same soft-spoken, really nice guy he used to be...

I think he's music has progressed from a "pop" sound to a classic/jazz rock. it took me a while to get into "heavier Things" because it was way different from Room For Squares. I sampled this one a few weeks ago, and it's more different thatn Heavier Things. I'll probably get it, then toss it aside for a few months, then love it, like with Heavier Things.

My favorite songs of his all time would be Why Georgia, Split Screen Sadness, and St. Patricks Day

• 1 year later...

Oh my goodness, I love John Mayer. I really want to see him live, I would melt, but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to concert tickets, and Mr. Mayer is not cheap to see live. It would be worth it though. I'm so mad at my friend, she's going to his show where Paramore is opening for him and she's gonna leave before he even plays!!!!!! That's like my dream show, Paramore and John Mayer. I'm so pissed lol

Anyway, yeah. John Mayer is a very talented musician.

Oh my goodness, I love John Mayer. I really want to see him live, I would melt, but I'm pretty cheap when it comes to concert tickets, and Mr. Mayer is not cheap to see live. It would be worth it though. I'm so mad at my friend, she's going to his show where Paramore is opening for him and she's gonna leave before he even plays!!!!!! That's like my dream show, Paramore and John Mayer. I'm so pissed lol

Anyway, yeah. John Mayer is a very talented musician.

OMG!! Seriously??! John Mayer AND Paramore!!! That's like concert heaven!!!

^ OMG!! Def check out the Where The Light Is dvd!!!

Absolutely phenominal!!!

He is an AMAZING guitarist!

His skills are insaneeee!!!

And yeah I would say he's like a younger version of Eric Clapton!

That's how great he is!

John Mayer is absolutely brilliant. I've been listening to him since I was like, 9 and his music just doesnt get old. His lyrics and his guitar is just mind blowing.

You've swayed me. I shall check him out ;o)

His DVD is out of stock on Play.com looks like I'll have to download it :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...