Has anyone ever been to a Hellogoodbye concert?

yOU x wIn x3

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this topic up because I got my tickets, and the deal with my dad was that for now, I have to stand in the back, but if someone else goes to one of the shows before me, and it isn't rough, then I'm allowed to stand on the side.

So here's what I'm asking...

someone who's going to one of the shows on this tour before November 4th, after you go tell me how the sides were and pretty much everything that went on. Because I want to stand on the side really really bad. I want good pictures. :]

i went last weekend. it was rougher during the openers than during HGB. CIWWAF was pretty squishy, and they didnt even do a full set. it was a short acoustic one because of shaant being sick and their new bassist. peachcake made the crowd wild even though (in my opinion) they sucked. ozma was pretty rough. but when HGB came on, people were kinda settled into their spots and there wasn't horrible pushing. obviously there was some, but it wasnt as bad as before.

^At the show I'm seeing, I'm pretty sure the openers are Reggie & The Full Effect, Cute, and David Melillo I think. I'm going to see Cute, and I know that their crowds tend to be rougher, but I love them. :]

Did you notice if it was a little less rough towards the sides?

I know that tends to be true for a lot of bands, because all the people from the sides squish to the middle and then the edges tend to free up a bit. It was like that when I saw Jack's Mannequin. We started out in the middle but then it got bad so we just moved to the side and were fine. I'm thinking it'll be kinda like that. Maybe.

^You would think so, but some crowds are randomly rough. It doesn't make any sense, but with Cute as their opener, it very well could be.

oh yeah, it was definitely less rough on the sides.

Yeah, I figured it would be.

Today in language arts we had to write a persuasive paragraph to our parents about anything we wanted. So my teacher comes by and is like "what are you going to write about, Molly?" and I say, "i'm going to write to my dad to try to convince my dad to let me stand in the crowd at a concert I'm going to this weekend." And he's like, "well good, you're writing about something real it'll be easier." Then as he's walking away, I say, "are we gonna get these back?" and he said that I could have it back so I could give it to my dad, hah. it was funny, but now that I'm writing it, it doesn't sound that funny. I guess you had to be there. =/

lol, i can't imagine a hellogoodbye concert being rough.

i think i'm going to see them soon. can't wait. sounds like a good laugh.

haha i didnt either till i went to bamboozle left a couple of weeks ago...they were like one of the last bands to perform which is why i think the main stage got very crowded...i thought once hellogoodbye would start perfoming ppl would juss dance around but instead so many ppl were pushin each other and ppl were gettin hurt over it...pretty soon me and my friend got sick of it and so we moved out of the crowd and juss sat nearby where we can still hear the musiq...but ya didnt expect that at all but they were still great!

I went to the concert on Saturday. I was kind of sick, but I tried to ignore it. We stood on the sideish, and only got a shove here and there, but I could tell it was getting rough in the middle. Then after Cute since they were all I really cared about, we left the crowd and stood in the back. Then I got sick and had to run to the bathroom and I won't go into detail, because I've grossed too many people out, but use your imagination. :] I was fine after that. And I got free water.

I don't really know much about Hellogoodbye, but they were pretty good live. When we were hanging around afterwards waiting for Shaant to come out, we hung out with 2 guys from Hellogoodbye. I know one was Matt, I think, but I couldn't tell who the other one was. He had a moustache drawn on his face. I was talking to them but I felt bad because I don't have any of their music or anything. They're hilarious guys, though.

When Shaant came out, he was in a cardboard box, and no one knew it was him [he ran right into my friend, lol.] then one of the guys from Hellogoodbye started him and asked who it was and pulled the box off. We all cheered because it was Shaant, but then he ran into the bus and fell asleep and didn't come out. They said it was because he was sick, but I was pretty dissappointed. I still had fun making friends and talking to Hellogoodbye though. We finally left after 2 hours and realizing he wasn't coming out, so I wrote him a note and gave it to this girl who's seen them like 10 times and she said she would give it to him and give him the message that he owes me a hug and a picture. :]

It was a very interesting concert.

Oh yeah, Reggie and the Full Effect is the worst band I've ever heard and they did NOT fit the tour at ALL. UGH.

• 2 months later...

i went last night man. it was good, like they were good live and everything, but they totally didn't play touchdown turnaround or shimmy shimmy quarter turn. they didn't play their like.. main tunes.

and i basically only went for those songs so it was kinda shit.

at the end, someone threw beer on forrest, and he went all huffy, and like played one more song, and as he was leaving the stage me and my bud started up a TOUCHDOWN TURNAROUND chant.. but he totally like, shook his head and ran off.

i messaged him on myspace asking what the deal was, and he brought up the beer thing.. but like, it wasn't even on the set list to begin with man.

what a disapointment. oh well. i was only really there to see the plain white t's, and they were amazing.

WOW, WHAT AN ESSAY. lol.