The Photography Thread

goodnote

Holy crap Kat those are amazing...how do you get the colour so intense like that?!

Welllll, I use Kodak Ultra Color Film... So that helps a LOT from the get-go... And when I get them onto the computer I saturate the colors because I feel like all of the moving around of them (from film, to being developed, to being put on cd/scanned) steals a LOT of the color quality...

But that's all I do to them... I'll sharpen them a little and crop the edges if they need them... But VERY rarely do I crop certain things out/mess with contrast/ that kind of thing...

And thanks! :D I'm glad you like 'em :)

Welllll, I use Kodak Ultra Color Film... So that helps a LOT from the get-go... And when I get them onto the computer I saturate the colors because I feel like all of the moving around of them (from film, to being developed, to being put on cd/scanned) steals a LOT of the color quality...

But that's all I do to them... I'll sharpen them a little and crop the edges if they need them... But VERY rarely do I crop certain things out/mess with contrast/ that kind of thing...

And thanks! :D I'm glad you like 'em :)

Whoa this is all film no digital?!?! Holy crap. Even more impressive. I SUCK with my 35mm SLR.

Very cool I love it. :]

Whoa this is all film no digital?!?! Holy crap. Even more impressive. I SUCK with my 35mm SLR.

Very cool I love it. :]

Thanks! Haha, really, that's awesome. I get so tickled when poeple like my stuff... I was beating myself up earlier today about sucking at it, too...

And yeah, no digital... The only time I use digitals is when I'm with friends or whatever... But when I'm out to photograph, it's all film... I think it makes it more worthwhile and fun... Part of the fun of photography is not knowing what you're getting, and film gets expensive, so it forces you to take better shots... Also, there's a big difference between getting lucky and getting a good shot, and getting the shot you want... And film challenges me like that--so it's fun...

^That and I just suck with digitals//the shutter speed is never fast enough//I can't afford the $2000 it takes for the one I want :-x .........

Thanks! Haha, really, that's awesome. I get so tickled when poeple like my stuff... I was beating myself up earlier today about sucking at it, too...

And yeah, no digital... The only time I use digitals is when I'm with friends or whatever... But when I'm out to photograph, it's all film... I think it makes it more worthwhile and fun... Part of the fun of photography is not knowing what you're getting, and film gets expensive, so it forces you to take better shots... Also, there's a big difference between getting lucky and getting a good shot, and getting the shot you want... And film challenges me like that--so it's fun...

^That and I just suck with digitals//the shutter speed is never fast enough//I can't afford the $2000 it takes for the one I want :-x .........

Haha dayum, awesome. Do you have like your own dark room and stuff?

Haha dayum, awesome. Do you have like your own dark room and stuff?

Noooo, I wish I did... I get them developed at crappy walmart because it's cheap, so there's no telling what they'd look like if I could do it myself and get them how I WANTED them...

When I'm rich, I'll have one though ;)

The saddest part is that my SCHOOL doesn't even have one... No photography classes, and the ghetto schools in the town next to us even have them...

Noooo, I wish I did... I get them developed at crappy walmart because it's cheap, so there's no telling what they'd look like if I could do it myself and get them how I WANTED them...

When I'm rich, I'll have one though ;)

The saddest part is that my SCHOOL doesn't even have one... No photography classes, and the ghetto schools in the town next to us even have them...

Haha well walmart works!

Ohh wow my school has a darkroom...I am in photo right now actually. But it's not very productive since I am in a class with a bunch of morons who just want an art credit and don't care about photography as an ART.

Haha well walmart works!

Ohh wow my school has a darkroom...I am in photo right now actually. But it's not very productive since I am in a class with a bunch of morons who just want an art credit and don't care about photography as an ART.

Yeah that's lame... and then then inevitable kids that just take the class because they need a credit and take a picture of a hand or some stupid shit and turn it black and white and call it art...

Just because it's black and white doesn't make it art by default.... That's one of my hugest pet peeves...

Yeah that's lame... and then then inevitable kids that just take the class because they need a credit and take a picture of a hand or some stupid shit and turn it black and white and call it art...

Just because it's black and white doesn't make it art by default.... That's one of my hugest pet peeves...

Yes that and they tilt the camera on an angle and are like...zomg look I aM sO aRtSY!!! IT MAKES ME SO MAD.

I did all film for 2 years, but with how many shots I do, the film is just too expensive. That and the batteries are like $8 each, and the scanner I have is hella shitty, so I gave up my stubborn film-only attitude and bought my rebel.

Yeah... For what I do film works though... If I were to go and take picures of bands then I'd take my digital with me, I just don't care to use it when I'm being artsy (not that taking pictures of bands can't be artsy, that's not what I'm saying, lol)..

And I think I've had the same batteries for over a year... Still good! :D

Nonononono, lol, I was agreeing with you... Just adding to it... Sorry, yeah, that was confusing.

Haha yeah my bad it's hard to tell over the computer. :]

EDIT:

And I think I've had the same batteries for over a year... Still good! :D

What battery does your camera take? Mine takes a 6V and it was a pain in the neck to find.

Haha yeah my bad it's hard to tell over the computer. :]

EDIT:

What battery does your camera take? Mine takes a 6V and it was a pain in the neck to find.

Uhmmm... I'm not sure.... A camera one? Lol...

Edit//yeahhp, I looked, it's a 6Volt, too... It's one of those lithium ones, so I don't know if that's got antyhing to do with it lasting forever or not, lol...