The Photography Thread

goodnote

I really want a fisheye.

I know you can make your own fisheyes, but I want a legit one. lol

fisheyes are great. but they can get boring sometimes. because pretty soon all the pictures would look the same.

I don't know.. I still want one, but it's not on the top of my wishlist

I need to save up some money for it :)

How much did you pay for yours? My sister is going to NYC this summer, so if they're cheaper there I might get her to buy one for me over there :)

Hmmm, I got mine as a birthday present, but according to the Canon website the one I got is close to $500. I'm pretty sure my parents got it on Amazon though, which has huge discounts. I think they paid around $350 for it. Its totally worth it though.

fisheyes are great. but they can get boring sometimes. because pretty soon all the pictures would look the same.

I don't know.. I still want one, but it's not on the top of my wishlist

Yeah, this is very true. I just love the look of them. I wouldnt use it for everything. I just really like the effect. Especially if you use really odd subjects.

i am planining to buy new camera so i am curious about what cameras do you guys use, also your suggestions. I am looking somethnin for 500$ maybe a little bit over it.

Well, I'm a diehard Canon user, so I would automatically recommend any of their products. For your price range, if you were willing to go a little bit over $500 you could get the new Rebel XS, which is a digital SLR. If you dont want an SLR, basically all the Canon PowerShots are less that $500.

Well, I'm a diehard Canon user, so I would automatically recommend any of their products. For your price range, if you were willing to go a little bit over $500 you could get the new Rebel XS, which is a digital SLR. If you dont want an SLR, basically all the Canon PowerShots are less that $500.

I am totally getting SLR... i was thinking Canon or Nikon but Nikon seems more expencive an i am not really sure about that... Rebel XS i have to check on it ;)

i am planining to buy new camera so i am curious about what cameras do you guys use, also your suggestions. I am looking somethnin for 500$ maybe a little bit over it.

i have an eos cannon rebel xsi. i love it to death. i got it for christmas, but it's like $800. /:

i know cannon makes simpler ones that are cheaper though. like this one's around $500. just a little over.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=17316

it all depends if you're looking for an slr or not though.:)

I need to save up some money for it :)

How much did you pay for yours? My sister is going to NYC this summer, so if they're cheaper there I might get her to buy one for me over there :)

if you want to take fisheye pictures, you don't absolutely need a fisheye lens. my photo teacher taught me how to do a panoramic, which has the same look as a picture with a fisheye. you just need a tripod for it.

I would go with Canon if I were you. But as Faith; I'm a diehard Canon user as well ;p

Haha, most of my friends have Nikon, but I prefer Canon over that one. It seems much easier for me to use(that might be because I started with the Canon though).

Is Rebel XS the same as EOS 1000D over here Faith? :) If so, I know a few people who use that one Ivana, and they love it. It's a very good camera for the price!

Also, Faith; What camera do you use again? I've forgotten, haha.

EDIT:

if you want to take fisheye pictures, you don't absolutely need a fisheye lens. my photo teacher taught me how to do a panoramic, which has the same look as a picture with a fisheye. you just need a tripod for it.

I have a tripod :) Is it hard to do? I guess I can read up on it one the web, haha.

i have an eos cannon rebel xsi. i love it to death. i got it for christmas, but it's like $800. /:

i know cannon makes simpler ones that are cheaper though. like this one's around $500. just a little over.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=139&modelid=17316

it all depends if you're looking for an slr or not though.:)

I would go with Canon if I were you. But as Faith; I'm a diehard Canon user as well ;p

Haha, most of my friends have Nikon, but I prefer Canon over that one. It seems much easier for me to use(that might be because I started with the Canon though).

Is Rebel XS the same as EOS 1000D over here Faith? :) If so, I know a few people who use that one Ivana, and they love it. It's a very good camera for the price!

EDIT:

I have a tripod :) Is it hard to do? I guess I can read up on it one the web, haha.

Thanks to both :)

is Rebel XS a SLR ? my friend has Fuji s5600... and i am goona try it these days but i am also Canon fan.... i had their digital camera...and it always served me well.

Yeah, the EOS 1000D is the same thing as the Rebel XS.

I have a Canon Rebel XTi, which is the same as an EOS 400D. I love it, its my first SLR and its been nothing but fantastic for me over the few years that I've had it. However I'd like to upgrade to an EOS 50D when the time comes. But its something I cant afford right now, and my Rebel is working fine for me.

Yeah, I do. haha :)

Love these! :D

okay good. haha. i'll look for an article on how to do it cause it's kinda confusing. either that or i'll make a youtube video or something. :P

it's really cool though. panoramics are probably one of my favorite things to do besides portraits.(: