help my band

WayneFarro

Hahah. Burning Loaf...that's pretty cool actually.

The best band name I've ever heard is probably Buy Cape, Wear Cape, Fly. Hahaha. I don't like their music, but man...the name. Haha, made me laugh for 5 minutes straight.

isnt it Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly?

haha

but i know what you mean

i love that name =D

HUNGRY HIPPO SALUTE

lol

im going from the hippo theme...

=D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of You'll Wear Us. It seems so....weirdly entertaining. Hahahaha. So yeah..

ANYWAYS!

I'm with another friend now, and we're joining heads to come up with a few more, just for you Wayne =)

- Take Control

- Sign Us <----------haha, wtf?

- Head Turners

- Shot Down

- The Overrated

- You'll Like Us

Yeahhh...we were going for the incredibly blunt and straightforward feel. haha. =)

Hahah. Burning Loaf...that's pretty cool actually.

The best band name I've ever heard is probably Buy Cape, Wear Cape, Fly. Hahaha. I don't like their music, but man...the name. Haha, made me laugh for 5 minutes straight.

Anyways!!

Names...

- Alert The Media (my old band's name...)

- Your Current Obsession

- The Deceptors

- The Encores

- You'll Wear Us (hehe...)

- Disillusioned

- Famous Fans

- The Green Staples

- Teenies <3 Us

- Wow! Hear Us Play!

- Certified To Rock Your Socks Off

- Kill R Us (like Toys R Us??)

...there will be more...I assure you. hahaha.

I'm with my friend at the moment, and he's going crazy thinking of weird names. I just wrote down the 'saner' ones. Hahaha.

=P

Good luck finding a good one!! =)

those are really good joy! but i really like numbers 1, 2, 5, 10, 11, and 12!!! but they're all great-tastic!!!

cool! there's so really good names!

thanks so much for all your help! :]

i've had a look through the names and there's so good ones so i'll have a good think about it and i'll let you know later!

thanks again :]

you guys rock!!!!!!

:]

hey!

thanks again so much, there's so many good ones, i can't decide which one to go for. i'm torn between WhiteLightDarkNight, You'll Like Us and Jump In Zombie.

i really appreciate all your help..........you guys are so cool!

so the band are meeting up tonight so we'll discuss it and we'll be up on myspace soon so watch this space!!!!!

thanks again (i really should stop saying thanks now lol.)

:]

i want to call us You'll Like Us i think, but i'll have to see what my bandmates think of it! i just looked on myspace music and there isn't another You'll Like Us so maybe........

i never actually said before at the start of this thread, i'm the lead singer/song-writer in the band but i suffer from bad writer's block though so i might ask for help with lyrics soon........and i need to get over my stage-fright

I like WhiteLightDarkNight whoever suggested that...

It's a little different, You'll Like Us sounds a bit cheesey to me haha

Mmmm it depends on the style of music i guess

It was Em or HarlequinGehrl who suggested WhiteLightDarkNight. well we're electro pop-punk with a bit of screamo. people say we're a cross between Hellogoodbye and Enter Shikari. i think You'll Like Us suits us but we'll see.

Oh right certainly sounds intresting

Even if i can't stand Enter Shikari especially the screaming...

But that's personal taste :]

With the whole writing thing just pick a subject or word

Annnnd build it up around that, i've never tried writing a song

But i always thought i would use the word 'Twilight' and build a song round that

Look into the meaning of a word for example with Twilight

It's like the lower atmosphere illuminating and stuff, but you don't have to literally base it round that

Ummm...more like how things within your little world as in your life are all bright and happy

Whereas the wider picture everything is Dark and unhappy

I would try and crossover ideas in a song like that, but it's just me

That probably makes no sense to anyone but me haha

It's just an example though so yeah :]

Ohh coooool.

You REALLY need to get some songs up.

Haha.

Aweee...stage-fright.

I totally understand. I have to sing for my church's youth group sometimes. Oh man...I feel like I'm going to puke every single time despite the fact that I've done it millions of times before. The adrenaline high is worth it though. =)

cool thanks for the song-writing tips! :] that'll help me loads! i never know how to start.

well about me on stage, when i'm with my mates it's okay but when there's a audience i get a little bit scared. i'm not the greatest singer, but people tell that what i lack in my voice, i make up for with my stage perfomances, i go crazy on stage when we do Enter Shikari covers.

yes we'll have a song up on myspace soon!

just about to set up our myspace music account

thanks guys for all your support but i'm starting to feel the pressure now.

No Problem :]

And seriously don't get into the whole pressure thing

Music is supposed to be fun, so just have a laugh

Nobody is going to write a perfect catchy song straight away

Especially if you are just starting out

Hahaha.

Can you feel the presssssuuureeeee, it's getting closer nooow.

haha.

Jk.

With me, writing songs is more about free-flowing style. It depends though, a lot of bands make up a beat first and then write lyrics from that beofre adding in all the technical details. With my old band it was more me coming up with random lyric lines and a friend of mine pieceing them together to make a song.

Don't try to write a song when you feel under pressure...it usually doesn't work. You have to just let it come out.

thanks again Joy and Martin for all the tips, i'll remember them!

well usually we just start playing some music and i sing some random lyrics and we see what happens.

i'll try and get up a song on myspace soon, but it might take a while to get it right, i'm a bit of a perfectionist really.

oh yeah, has anyone got anyone experience in making band logos? we'll need one to put up on our myspace profile.