Is this a new album cover/the inside or what?

kerrie

Just to give some info on DVD Audio.

The album is not in DVD-Audio. It is essentially the CD with videos that will play over the songs. It is just like the latest Linkin Park release. Paramore might have filmed themselves performing the songs and basically with MVI the CD audio will be over it.

DVD-Audio is unfortunately a super high quality format that is no longer around. You can find old titles at your local Best Buy, but they dont have any new ones.

Some of you also remember DualDisc. That format is not seen much either. So dont be confused this isnt DVD-Audio, it is simply MVI. It does play in the DVD player, but does not have upgraded 5.1 surround sound.

Ohh yeah, btw im new, so hello all.

Just to give some info on DVD Audio.

The album is not in DVD-Audio. It is essentially the CD with videos that will play over the songs. It is just like the latest Linkin Park release. Paramore might have filmed themselves performing the songs and basically with MVI the CD audio will be over it.

DVD-Audio is unfortunately a super high quality format that is no longer around. You can find old titles at your local Best Buy, but they dont have any new ones.

Some of you also remember DualDisc. That format is not seen much either. So dont be confused this isnt DVD-Audio, it is simply MVI. It does play in the DVD player, but does not have upgraded 5.1 surround sound.

Ohh yeah, btw im new, so hello all.

so can i play it in my ps2 and also upload it to my itunes?

i dont have surround sound.

Here is the official definition. I was originally wrong on the quality aspect. It can do 5.1 which is good for some of us.

"MVI (Music Video Interactive) is a DVD-based product that plays in all DVD players, computers, and video game consoles with DVD drives. The MVI includes the full album in 96kHz/24 bit hi-resolution stereo audio and a 5.1 surround mix, plus bonus video and digital content. Although the MVI disc will not play in your CD player, the audio tracks are pre-encoded for easy transfer to your computer, portable music player, or recordable CD."

So it can be played on ur PS2, and for those with a PS3, you should be able to rip the CD to ur hard drive. As for ripping it to iTunes, that im unsure of. It says transfer to your computer so im assuming it dumps the CD right into a folder of your choice. It will be up to you to re-encode the files into iTunes.

By my understanding the more versions you put out,the better the demand.

If a store is getting something unique from another they'll want to buy more and they'll probably end up selling more.

In the end it is the music industry.

I'm happy to buy the 7 or whatever different versions personally,but if you don't have the money for the same cd with only one different song there is always mp3 ;)

Yeah - you're right...it's all about getting promotional support from any given store. If you want Best Buy to put your CD on the front racks and put you in the ad circular and sell it at the super discounted price, you pretty much HAVE to give them something exclusive at this point. It's just the way the business works. And, honestly, if even a few people buy 2 or 3 copies instead of just 1, it also helps their sales numbers and that's a good thing too.

As far as I know from the interview they did with us, there are only 2 editions coming out that have bonus tracks...so assuming you don't need the DVD Audio or anything like that, you may be able to make do with as few as 2 copies.

Then again, there may be more they just didn't tell us about...we'll find out very soon...

i knooo

lets say that there are 7 different versions, and the average price is about 15 bucks....

thats 105 bucks.... alot of friggin money.

now, id love to buy every version, but i dont have that kind of money.

this really is pissing me off, its not fair to us.

Well the whole point of bonus tracks is so the store will put your CD on an end cap and sell it at a lower price. It may not be discounted forever, but for the week of release it will be on sale at least.

Best Buy usually sells them for 7.99 or 9.99 for release week, and Target is usually 9.99 as well.

Well the whole point of bonus tracks is so the store will put your CD on an end cap and sell it at a lower price. It may not be discounted forever, but for the week of release it will be on sale at least.

Best Buy usually sells them for 7.99 or 9.99 for release week, and Target is usually 9.99 as well.

oh, well if its like that then my wallet wont be hurt that bad then.