DC Warped Tour 7/25

thebrowncoat

Yep, I was there...and yep - this is only a story...my camera is a piece of garbage, so I don't have pictures to post at the moment...but I saw all kinds of people videoing the acoustic set, so if any of you are on here, post your pics and videos!!! :)

So yeah, they played 2 sets yesterday...an acoustic set at the myspace tent and then their regular mainstage set. Both were absolutely incredible...they still absolutely kill it live.

The acoustic set was five songs - Misery Business, Here We Go Again, Whoa, That's What You Get and Pressure, I think...sigh....my memory is going....but I think that's right. The Chariot came over to watch them during the set, which was cool....Josh was having a great time on guitar - he was doing some crazy things during Whoa - and Zac is an amazing air drummer. They sounded spectacular and they looked like they were just having a blast...they said it was their 2nd acoustic set so far on Warped...hopefully, they get to do some more because it's such a treat.

No signing yesterday - probably because of the acoustic set being in the middle of the afternoon - but that's ok - the acoustic set is way better than a signing in my book...

For their mainstage set, they played Misery Business, Emergency (I think...this was when I began getting repeatedly kicked in the head lol), Here We Go Again, That's What You Get, For a Pessimist..., crushcrushcrush and Pressure. They ran Here We Go Again right into That's What You Get, which sounded AMAZING. In fact, That's What You Get is absolutely spectacular live...the highlight of both sets in my book for sure...

They were preceded out on stage for their mainstage set by a group of masked Mexican wrestlers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucha_libre) - Lucha Libre! - then they kicked on the mariachi music and out they came...two of them put Hayley on their shoulders so she could take a picture of the crowd lol :) It was just perfect.

Brilliant shows...and the crowd for their mainstage set was bigger than any crowd for any band I saw all day. Heck, there were probably 20x as many people watching their ACOUSTIC set as there were two years ago when I saw them on the Shira stage. It's just stunning how far they've come :)

I have a bunch of pictures from the set. I was getting my ass wooped by the crowd surfers, just SOOO MANY. Also me and my friends were in the stupid mosh pit during Pressure, it was hilarious. Plus I made a bunch of friends waiting for them. I swear though we were waiting near the middle-front area and by the end of the concert we were like a row of people away from being by the barrrier (which I was for coheed and ciwwaf) I missed the accoustic set, BTW, because we just HAD to watch CIWWAF who were really really loud, I couldn't understand the words, at, all.

I dunno what to do with pictures though...like where to post em.

that's what you get is amazing live :D !

oh gosh - it so is. I was blown away by how good it was.

I have a bunch of pictures from the set. I was getting my ass wooped by the crowd surfers, just SOOO MANY. Also me and my friends were in the stupid mosh pit during Pressure, it was hilarious. Plus I made a bunch of friends waiting for them. I swear though we were waiting near the middle-front area and by the end of the concert we were like a row of people away from being by the barrrier (which I was for coheed and ciwwaf) I missed the accoustic set, BTW, because we just HAD to watch CIWWAF who were really really loud, I couldn't understand the words, at, all.

I dunno what to do with pictures though...like where to post em.

Send them to us at paramorefans at gmail dot com! We'll post 'em in the gallery and give you credit....plus I'd love to see them!

And yeah, it was insane down front...I've been down front for plenty of Paramore shows, so I decided it just wasn't worth getting kicked in the head multiple times to stay that close...

As for CIWWAF...ummm....I don't want to offend anyone, but honestly, I don't think Shaant can sing live AT ALL. That's probably why it was so loud...drown out his vocals...

Yeah, he was horrible when I actually heard him singing, sounded like my horse voice trying to sing.

EDIT: I'm sending you the pictures now, and I forgot to mention that Hayley smiled and waved to me on stage. :D

Awesome! Thank you! :)

As for CIWWAF...ummm....I don't want to offend anyone, but honestly, I don't think Shaant can sing live AT ALL. That's probably why it was so loud...drown out his vocals...

I never really thought he was a good singer, even on the cd I didn't think he was that great.

A few months ago though, I saw them play an acoustic set and I was expecting him to be bad since it was acoustic, you know? But he was SO good. Like, better than on the cd. I was really surprised. He must just have his good and bad days, lol.

I was there!! I watched all time low play because I love them and they are local so its even better. then we ran for the other stage where paramore was playing and got there just in time the music came on for miz biz!! I missed there acoustic set eariler in the day so I was pretty bummed but its ok. My friend and i actually ran into the whole band at like 10:30 at night in the parking lot of columbia mall. we were waiting too meet up with some friends and we were sitting in the parking lot listen to Roit and this group of people walk right past our car. We didn't realize it was them until josh came up to the window and was like who are you listen too. We were like paramore and he goes well their alright. Then hayley came up to the car and was like you are listening to our cd that so awesome. then Zac and jermery came up to the car to say hi. they were headed to a van with the chariot. that was parked two spots down from the car. it was very random but awesome. I wanted to ask for a pic but I felt kinda odd so I didn't ask. :( warped was amazing!! i had so much fun!!

I was there!! I watched all time low play because I love them and they are local so its even better. then we ran for the other stage where paramore was playing and got there just in time the music came on for miz biz!! I missed there acoustic set eariler in the day so I was pretty bummed but its ok. My friend and i actually ran into the whole band at like 10:30 at night in the parking lot of columbia mall. we were waiting too meet up with some friends and we were sitting in the parking lot listen to Roit and this group of people walk right past our car. We didn't realize it was them until josh came up to the window and was like who are you listen too. We like like paramore and he goes well their alright. Then hayley came up to the car and was like you are listening to our cd that so awesome. then Zac and jermery came up to the car to say hi. they were headed to a van with the chairot. that was parked two spots down from the car. it was very random but awesome. I wanted to ask for a pic but I felt kinda odd so I didn't ask. :( warped was amazing!! i had so much fun!!
oh wow, that's so cool.

Yeah, he was horrible when I actually heard him singing, sounded like my horse voice trying to sing.

EDIT: I'm sending you the pictures now, and I forgot to mention that Hayley smiled and waved to me on stage. :D

Oh he's pretty bad. I used to love CIWWAF before they got signed and I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaant now. Last time I saw them he was slurring his words, rambling, and forgetting the words to songs. Pretty funny for a guy who sings "liquor doesn't exist in my world..." It's too bad because he brings the other guys down with him.

Oh he's pretty bad. I used to love CIWWAF before they got signed and I've pretty much lost all respect for Shaant now. Last time I saw them he was slurring his words, rambling, and forgetting the words to songs. Pretty funny for a guy who sings "liquor doesn't exist in my world..." It's too bad because he brings the other guys down with him.

SAME. i loved the demos.

i don't think it is alcohol. MOre often than not, I hear stories of poeple who go to shows and he always apologizes because he's "sick" and took nyquil or something before the show.

Lucky, lucky girl. I'm in Virginia so I had to leave at like 8, didn't even get to see a little of New Found Glory. :( But meeting Paramore, that's tight. Also, Shaant did seem a little disoriented, he was always looking up for some reason, like he had the devil in him.