HMV MANCHESTER INSTORE

Jessnesss

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what u guys reckon, i wont get there until 5ish (m8 doesnt finish work til 3 and its a 2 hour drive, but we r off to the academy 2 show aswell, so we r just gonna park up at the academy and get a taxi from there to hmv, and back for the show)

we wont get there till 5ish, will it still be worth showing up, how many people do u think will be going to see them ? and how many bands r they giving out, will be pissed if we go all the way down to be told "no". Got a ear infection, so i dont want to be at the front for the show anyway, so i aint queing

Anyone else doing hmv and the show?? can jump in a taxi with us if u want, or can someone get extra bands ??

Ok,I've just came back from manchester very disapointed because HMV staff cannot control a crowd.

There were no barriers,no sense of direction and no informatuion on where to go etc.

Some people had camped out around the back and when we were told to go round to the front it reminded everyone of that bit in the duality video.Everyone ran down the road and barged to the front which caused a big crowd at the side of the door and people in a "line" behind them.

This caused a man known only as "angry guy" to shout "MOVE BACK!" repeatedly. He got really wound up and threatened to get the police to control us. Eventually 2 police and 2 community support officers came to try and sort it and after about an hour they did.

After the sort out we were in what seemed like an alright place. Obviously,we were wrong. They decided to only let in 10 at a time so loads of people pushed in at the front of the queue and got wristbands while the real fans who had waited from the 6 in the morning got nothing. Noone was happy with the outcome except the idiots who got wristbands.

I admit a lot of people were being stupid about it and pushing a lot but if you can't handle a crowd that big then you shouldn't try.

Damn I hate you guys! I live in Harrogate and my parents refused to let me go to the concert and refused to let me go to Manchester to see Paramore in HMV! I'm so depressed.. My friend bought the tickets for me and her to see Paramore at the concert but my parents wouldn't let me go so She's going with someone else.. I feel so depressed I might. Well maybe..

Well i got there for 6 and i managed to get a wrist band :) but my god it was awful. Me and my best ffiend where at the front and so many 12 year olds pushed their way in. screaming, it was dreadful. Their was even chavs trying to get in lol it was rediculouse. i was nearly sick coz of it. pushing and pushing they just wouldny stop. It was badly organised. The police ended up coming but the hmv people let all the ones in who pushed which was so unfair.

some whernt even real fans.

we where talking to two boys in front of us who where bout 11 and they stayed out all night on their own just because they had nothing better to do and because hayley is hot haha.

They where only signing official merch like riot ect. my friend bought a poster and they wouldnt sign it and she didnt get to meet them. The security told her she had to go upstairs. I luckly brought my riot cd. They signed every thing so quick and it was so brief but it was coz there was so many there. I was so star struck i couldnt get my words out lol. Hayley is so cute....really lovely she asked how i was, and she gave me the wrong cd sleeve, she just started laughing and said sorry thats not yours lol then that was it and i said bye and she said bye back :D Josh was lovely too, he said hi and smiled. Zac on the other hand didnt even look up he just signed it and passed it on to Hayley.

They played two songs before the actual signing. That was awesome. They performed misery buisness and pressure. It was amazing apart from all the tiny teeny 11, 12 year old pushing and jumping all over the place. but yeah i cant complain i got to meet them :) yay im so happy.

i got there for like 7.10am, and there was some semblance of a queue, but then everyone just ran around and pushed in and stuff til there was pretty much chaos.

it was embarassing to be a fan of the band yesterday. me and my friend just stood out of the queue and watched it for a couple hours. it was all little 12 year olds being dicks and lots of people who clearly didn't even like the band that much.

it's sad that true fans couldnt get to see it. I'm pretty disgusted with HMV really. terrible, terrible organization.