pittsburgh warped tour 8/8

kerrie

so who went? I did : D

it was awesome. was around 100 degreess and it poured rain for a good while.

Ill write everything up and post the good pictures and videos later. I stood off to the side this time cause I didnt want to deal with the crowd surfing/moshing...well there ended up being crowd surfing on the side and I got kicked in the mouth/nose from a crowd surfer being tossed up and landing on me. I have a cut on the inside of my lip. but yeah more tomorrow...or later today since its 2am.

so who went? I did : D

it was awesome. was around 100 degreess and it poured rain for a good while.

Ill write everything up and post the good pictures and videos later. I stood off to the side this time cause I didnt want to deal with the crowd surfing/moshing...well there ended up being crowd surfing on the side and I got kicked in the mouth/nose from a crowd surfer being tossed up and landing on me. I have a cut on the inside of my lip. but yeah more tomorrow...or later today since its 2am.

Ahhh...cool - I didn't think anyone on here was going to Pittsburgh...that's not a short drive from Va. Beach either! Can't wait to hear about it...

I was there. I had an awesome time.

My pics are on flickr

I didn't take too many paramore pics(only at the beginning and the end) because I wanted to jump & fist pump & sing along. I was left center for Paramore so I have only decent pictures with my 3 year old 3.2MP digicam. A few turned out nice though I had used the "motion" setting" which takes like 3 pics in a row.

I won the Warped Panel thingy so I had a free pass in but I had to be at the door by 9am.

I ended up filling out this survey then giving out 9 surveys to fill out then inputting it into palm pilots, which wasn't that bad for a free ticket.

Although I had already bought my warped ticket at the end of April, I just gave the ticket to a friend.

So first up we picked a band to watch from backstage that played before 4pm. Unfortunately, Paramore played at 5:30pm meaning I settled for Cute is what we aim for at 11:30am.

Anyways, the #13 stage had almost the ultimate lineup CIWWAF, As I lay dying, killswitch engage, circa surviva, chiodos, the starting line, paramore, coheed&cambria, and red jumpsuit apparatus.

I ended up seeing CIWWAF, Killswitch, Circa, The Starting Line, Paramore obviously, and coheed before my friends and I agreed to leave due to pure exhaustion.

Anyways, I did end up with a free condom and plenty of condom balloons were floating around. I guess thats where they get them to throw at Hayley :(

There was no moshing for Paramore really at Pittsburgh, but there was like nonstop crowd surfing.

This was my first time at warped so I eventually got used to falling back to get away from the moshing, but I did enjoy helping plenty of people not crack their backs/heads by saving them haha.

Actually, this one girl I saved twice because after the first time she almost hit the ground again during Coheed.

Someone tried to throw a condom at Hayley, but she was like "No, no, don't do that!". Jeremy did his sweet guitar swinging thing and Zac threw his drumsticks at the end.

Paramore's set was awesome...something like Misery Business, Emergency, That's what you get, Here we go again, crushcrushcrush, born for this, pressure.

Overall, I had an awesome time despite being dead tired now.

I was practically screaming along with every song, which I think the two girls in front of me were like why is this guy singing?, but whatever it's a concert.

I felt a little weird singing along with Misery Business considering the content of the song, but I did anyways.

I wore my black moremoremore shirt and got several comments. I didn't see anyone else with one on, but mostly the new hot topic shirts.

I bought the green static tee and tipped the merch guy a buck and he gave me a high five and a "sweet" plastic paramore bag!

I couldn't find the TWLOHA booth for a while, but by the time I did they sold out of the We are broken tees. No biggie I just bought the regular one.

I ate breakfast @ 6:30-ish and all I had when I was there was a gatorade chased with a water to get the taste out of my mouth. I wasn't too hungry until near the end.

I missed the Paramore signing at like 3 or 3:30 is what I heard when it was, but it's alright I don't mind too much about signed stuff because I probably couldn't wash the shirt and I wouldn't wear it.

wow so I havent had MUCH time online since Im hoping from hotel to hotel. I decided to go to this one cause I have a friend that lives outside pittsburgh that I known all my life and we havent seen each other in 4 years so we visited and went to warped together. I dont have good pictures of the set but I picked these to post...then after Ill think of a good review so I dont keep you guys waiting.

btw I liked taking pics of the place since I never been there so yeah

DSC01264.jpg

when we got there

DSC01265.jpg

line up

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

HERE COMES STORM #1

DSC01268.jpg

hey look a paramore shirt in my "storm" picture haha

DSC01269.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

during chiodos..the band I got killed in at va beach warped

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

I got closer to the lineup

DSC01280.jpg

yes I stood off to the side this time which equals NOT GOOD PICTURES

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

heres others...during underoath

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

the crowd after underoath ended

DSC01337.jpg

and finally the last band to play..the rocket summer down in the amphitheater part

DSC01338.jpg

VIDEOS

PARAMORE-MISERY BUSINESS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=872Wrefqrlg

PARAMORE- THAT'S WHAT YOU GET (I like including how they run into it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx8sztbd0Gg

PARAMORE- RIOT CHANT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWFoi3pzgc4

PARAMORE- FOR A PESSIMIST....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_VAHKhGlbg

and finally PRESSURE...from the back cause I wanted a video from the back this time P:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzvJ8Asz5Bo

ok I wanna make this review quick haha

so I got picked up by my friend at the hotel around 9 something and it takes an hour to get there cause its all country road. well we get there around 1030 and as usual there's already a line... so we wait and wait and they finally let us in. the bag checker for me was dumb since I hid my water bottle WITH A CAP inside my beanie and he didnt bother to look to see if anything was inside it so I managed to get that in hah.

first thing we do is manage our way to the line up and see paramore is playing way later (5:30) so I split from my friend and do a shopping spree for all the stuff I couldnt get at the last warped I went to. I got everything I wanted to get except for the new twloha shirt which they didnt have all day. bummer but I got the all over riot shirt : D I got that first thing and ended up walking by it later and come to find out smalls and mediums were sold out so I was happy to get mine. I cant remember when it started to rain the first time but it was very short and it stopped and cleared up a bit.

it was a relief but it sucked when it stopped cause it seemed to get hotter D:

I cant remember all that much except walking around trying to find all the tents and taking random pictures of every angle cause I thought the hillyness was amazing. (I live at sea level so I dont see elevation much). I dont feel like listing the bands I saw cause im lazy to look at the list cause I cant remember them at the top of my head. all I remember was at the end of BLG or some band I DUNNO I looked at the time and said SHIT its almost 1 and the paramore signing started at 2 and you need to be there like another hour earlier than that so I had to run since it was on the other side of where I was at. I got there and there was already a line with about 40-50 people so I got there and waited. all I remember was watching killswitch from the distance and pepper and poison the well or whatever they're called.

so they came out a lil after 2 and it seemed forever to get up there like people were cutting. and THEY WERE! this one guy cut a little ahead of me giving the guy 20$ for that sopt. jeez. well yeah I got up there zac was first then hayley then josh then jeremy. the line was all over the place...well it didnt really look like a line at all like it was just a crowd of people fighting to get through. as soon as I got to hayley it seemed like she had to look twice and it was infact me haha she was like HE...HEY!!!! HOW ARE YOU? I couldnt really talk to her back since pepper was blairing in the background. I told her I was there cause I went with a friend and she asked if she was in line with me...and she wasnt ): so she told me they missed me and all that and I didnt know what to say haha so I moved to jeremy where I said bye then moved out of the way to get a few shots.

I shoulda typed this up a few days ago but i remember it rained AGAIN and it was long than the first time and I did get pretty soaked. it felt good though. but after it stopped I tried getting through in front of the mainstages to get to the schedule cause I forgot who was playin that I wanted to see so it was a wall of people and everyone STUNK. rain sucks. but yeah I got there wanting to see the starting line but I just missed them and I lost track of time and it was already 30 min till paramore was playing so I found a spot on the right side. not a good idea since people still crowd surf on ANY side. hah. so they started and I moved around a bit to avoid people and this one fight that started. I remember during thats what you get a crowd surfer I THINK got thrown and landed near me and I got his foot in my lip. I knew something happend cause I tasted blood the whole set. come to find out when I get home I have this cut looking mark on the inside of my lip like it glided along my teeth or something D: but yeah I moved out during crush and went to the back to see how the view was from there. got a vid and some pics.

after them I went back up where the merch was and went to see ff5 and ATL I think haha and afther that I met up with my friend again who was eating. and btw I havent eaten anything all day AGAIN so I pretty much risked myself twice doing that. I didnt eat till before paramore. there was 2 slices of papa johns pizza for 6$ hah and then I got a shitty smoothie for 4$. Oh well it was icy so it worked out. I remember going by the paramore merch tent again asking aaron if they had anymore of the dog tags cause they had them earlier and I saw someone with them I didnt know they looked like that and were that cool looking so I decided too late to want them and they were already sold out. poop I guess Ill look on the webstore.

at the end it seemed everyone went to see underoath before it ended so I went over there since I didnt want to see the rocket summer P: and watched them instead. they put on some quite show but alot of people were throwing anything from bottles to cds. I heard a cd flew up in the air and cut out a security guards eye and blood was everywhere D: haha after them I met up with my friend where we walked to find our rides and went back to the house where we dumped our bags and looked through all the crap that got passed to us.

I ended the night by getting a meal at dennys. mmm worth it...I dunno what I liked better pittsburgh or va beach. I like it at home since everything was close and theres no hills. I liked it here cause I was actually with a friend and it was scenic as shit minus all the walking up hills and merch tents being seperated from another cause of it.

sorry about the spelling mistakes. I know I didnt catch them all haha.