BBC Radio 1 slag off Paramore!!!! grrr!!

WayneFarro

Last night i was listening to Radio 1, they had this 5 hour long show with leeds and reading highlights and i enjoyed the weekend so i listened to it. i was hoping they would play some paramore are even just mention them. they did talk about them but it weren't good...

Colin Murray said:-

"I'd like to give a special mention to Paramore who had to be the most awful band of the whole weekend"

Colin and his co-presenter then went on to critise Hayley cos she's apparently kept "constantly" plugging RIOT! and they complained about her getting the crowd to shout "RIOT!". they weren't very nice.

as soon as i heard it, i just turned it off, got a bit angry. i hate it when people bad mouth paramore, i know i shouldn't let it affect me but it really annoys and makes me angry.

I think it's great though that Paramore haven't had to to rely on massive support from Radio 1 like other US bands, like hellogoodbye, GCH etc. they obviously don't need Radio 1 to be successful over here, so screw them!

you can hear what they said here:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/listen/

then you have to click on "choose a show and listen" then click on "Radio 1 Presents Reading and Leeds". it's about 4 and a half hours in to the programme, sorry it's a bit of a problem to hear it.

grrrr, i hate Colin Murray!!!!!

Colin Murray's an annoying c**t half of the time anyways. ;-)

And what's wrong with plugging your album? When you're in front of god knows how many thousands of people, seems a good as place as any to promote something? :???:

Dude everyone is entitled to their opinion and these days people love to hear criticism and bad mouthing on the radio because it's risky and edgy so it wouldn't surprise me if they just picked one band randomly to pick on. It's really no biggy. But yes Murray is a stuck up c**t anyways.

Dude everyone is entitled to their opinion and these days people love to hear criticism and bad mouthing on the radio because it's risky and edgy so it wouldn't surprise me if they just picked one band randomly to pick on. It's really no biggy. But yes Murray is a stuck up c**t anyways.

Thank you!

Great minds think alike, etc. :P

^ HAHAHAHA. You said it. Yoooou said it.

But really, Paramore bashers usually aren't worth getting angry over. We know the band--we love the band. The bashers are only criticizing to get more listeners/buyers/whatever.

And who's going to win in the end?

The Parawhores. :)