Paramore 1/09/07 Portsmouth - THE REVIEW

XxSanctuaryxX

Ok knowing how sad i am, i am on the computer writing this review at 10am in the morning after the concert. lmao. THE GIG WAS AMAZING! Totally the best they have done out of all the ones i've seen imo

So we drove to porstmouth at around about 11 30 and arrived at about 1ish. My friend charley was about 6th in the line, so we joined her, and queued. FOR 6 HOURS. yess.. we was extremely bored. people in the queue we're boring and didnt say much. it was about an hour before the show, when the people in front of us got thier friends to push in the front. it was so friggen annoying.

what pissed me off most is that these people we'rent even paramore fans. they were just friends of friends of friends who got asked to come to the concert just for company. -_- it was so obvious. there were even a few yobbish people there. it was kind of alarming. You can tell they werent paramore fans, because me and chaley over heard a conversation next to us. they were saying. "I think hayley williams is ugly, she has a weird tooth." and i was thinking, then what the f*** are you doing here if all you can do is diss the band. it was so infuriating.

Leaving the rant thing behind, me my sister and charley managed to squeeze pass the people who pushed in, who were far to busy smoking fags and swearing. We managed to get within 2 rows from the front but it was so squished. There were these group of girls behind me and charley that were tiny, and they were trying to barge in the front. they werent getting anywhere, and they were so annoying. THEY TOUCHED MY HAIR, and we're just being so 'tarded. Then some of them started chanting "WE HATE PARAMORE." and i was just going WTF?! so we decided to move to the sidish middlish.

We waited about half an hour before lost alone came on. there were only 3 people this time, i swear there was 4 last time, it might just be my memory. Yeah they were so and so, i'm not really a big fan of lost alone anyways, thier songs sound too simalar, and the guy has a whiny voice. no offence to the lost alone fans out there! But yeah, they were decent.

Lost alone went off and then This Providence came out about half an hour later. (so yeah, those who are wondering, it's lost alone and this providence supporting this uk tour unless anything changes) I'm sure you knew that already though =). Yeah i've never heard this providence before, and from what i heard they were good! upbeat and catchy songs haha. When they came on, everyone was shouting PARAMORE! PARAMORE! PARAMORE! and then the lead singer said. "Hi guys, we're paramore." that was hilarious.

So they finished thier short set, and then we waited slightly longer for paramore. about 40 so minutes. everyone was shouting paramore and going mad for them. Then they finally came out to that misery business intro bit. It looped for longer than expected and ran into the song though, which was strange. but misery business was so amazing, no-one cared. They had these awesome card-board stands that had scribbles on the top and had RIOT in the middle. there were 2 of them! it was really cool

After misery business they went straight into emergency and that was just amazing. That song never ceases to amaze me when its played live. Then hayley did a bit of talking which got the crowd going. I'm really not sure what order they played the songs in but they played these songs for those that are going to the UK gigs.

(NOT IN ORDER)

Misery Business

Emergency

Here We Go Again

Whoa

Crushcrushcrush

When It Rains

That's what you get

Pressure

Born For This

For A Pessimist

Let the flames begin

I was suprised they didnt play hallelujah, but i head that was something to do with hayley's voice. she sounded amazing though! Yeah and i was well stoked when they played when it rains. it was so cool. They did the extended bit at the end with flames too. Bless hayley, she forgot the first verese lyrics to thats what you get haha, i think i have it on video, but my videos arent much good. NO MY HEART EITHER! :( . It's sad but thats expected with them having a new album out and everything.

It was a really fun night, the crowd was involved, but not as involved as the london crowd :P There was a fight in the middle of the crowd apparently... our parents told us haha. Hayley did this whispering thing with us too.. it was interesting and fun much. The people in the queue really annoyed me, but apart from that, the night was the best of my life.

Guys who are going to any gig in the uk from now, are going to enjoy it immensley! Have a good one!!

Sam =)

i have a few videos which i shall upload and one picture, or the riot card things... if you wanna have a look!

EDIT: Ok i have one video so far.... here we go again.. you can just about make it out, my sound and pic quality is rubbish cos i took it on my phone, but its something to look at.

Here We Go Again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vqzrxpY6g6k

When It Rains

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcmk89jcOug

That's What You Get

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DcT7NzqzTAU

its was an awesome gig! but for a small crowd it wasnt half crushing at the front. i only lasted the first 4 songs before going to the side a bit more. still got a good view. and it was Thats What You Get that she messed up the words to, she sung the second verse at the start lol. setlist was

Misery Business

Emergency

Here We Go Again

That's What You Get

When It Rains

For A Pessimist

Crush Crush Crush

Born For This

Whoa

-----

Pressure

i might have got them in slightly the wrong order or missed a song out or two but thats mostly correct. personal highlight for me was born for this. they didnt play it at reading and its my fave riot song with some great crowd participation. was awesome :). hope everyone had as good as time as i did! my friend who i went with wanted to get off really quickly so we didnt stay for long afterwards, did they come and talk to the fans at all? anyone got any other questions about the gig? :)