The "Paramore Crowd Experience"

DeliriumTrigger

as we all know, paramore is one of the BEST bands to watch live because their shows are so fun and energetic.

and they love to get the crowd involved.

in the words of hayley, "crowd participation is a must".

however, watching a live paramore show comes with its consequences.....

the first time i saw the band was at warped this year in san antonio.

and after waiting countless hours in the blazing texas heat, i managed to move my way close to the front of the crowd with my friends.

so i was pretty much RIGHT THERE when their set started.

i heard the intro start to play and right when the band started to play.....

WHAM!!! i got slammed forward like 20 feet by hundreds of screaming paramaniacs. then i proceeded to stand through 30 minutes of being repeatedly elbowed, kicked and headbutted to the face.

but i endured the pain like a champ.

it takes a tough fan to watch a paramore show up close. be prepared for possible injuries lol

and even though you leave with a few bumps and bruises, it is all SO worth it.

share YOUR paramore crowd experience :]

help inform others who haven't got the chance to see them live yet

My first time seeing them was also warped this year in san antonio. (I find out about this band in 2005 and the first show I go to is this year? Jeez I'm lame)

Anyway.. the people around me weren't rough at all and I was fairly close to the front (over to the left in front of Josh). I felt like the only rocking out in that general area.. I know for sure I was the only one in that general area that knew the words to songs other than misery business. Haha. But yeah, I'm glad my first time seeing them wasn't super crazy.

My first time seeing them was also warped this year in san antonio. (I find out about this band in 2005 and the first show I go to is this year? Jeez I'm lame)

Anyway.. the people around me weren't rough at all and I was fairly close to the front (over to the left in front of Josh). I felt like the only rocking out in that general area.. I know for sure I was the only one in that general area that knew the words to songs other than misery business. Haha. But yeah, I'm glad my first time seeing them wasn't super crazy.

Off topic but I've liked Anberlin since I was like a freshmen in high school, and I'm a sophomore in college, never seen them. It breaks my little heart.

All the times I've seen pmore, I've been doing photography except for this past spring tour, and for that I stayed up out of the crowd because it sounds so much better back there and my ears are already really damaged from doing photo up by the speakers for so many years.

1st time - mostly standing around because no one really knew who they were.

2nd - also standing around mostly because there wasn't many people there.

3rd - warped tour. really good crowd. fairly easy to get close. some pushing/moving/dancing.

4th - HORRIBLE crowd. we started out 2nd row, my friend was on the barricade. ended up like in the middle because the people in the front were ridiculous. they had some stupid no mosh pit rule.

5th - WONDERFUL crowd. so good. wonderful pit. everyone was into it, really fun. more dancing than pushing

6th - great crowd as well. got really close, ended up at the barricade. the tla always has a great crowd.

7th - warped tour. so so so fun! surprisingly easy to get close. great crowd for crowdsurfing because there was a lot of guys.

well, let's see. at warped this year i was determined to see paramore & i was determined to be at the barricade. we got there as CIWWAF was finishing up & when everyone left we went straight up front to the second row. then we saw circa survive. and after they were done the people in front of us left so we were at the barricade! then we watched funeral for a friend. and the the starting line. the crowd for the starting line was crazy. i could hear these girls behind us plotting on how to get up to the barricade & i was like oh hellll no, you're not taking our place! hahah because paramore was next! & i had been up there all day just waiting for this. not only was i at the barricade but i was dead center! well some old fat guy somehow got up right behind us & was trying to tell us we should leave & we were sooo squished. my knees & hips had bruises from the barricade afterwards. well that fat guy kept harassing us & the body guards came over & were like 'woah woah woah is there a problem here!? these girls have been here all day, they're 17, you're like 25, this aint a metal show cool it!' & so they said they'd arrest him if he acted up again. haha it was pretty great. but of course, if you know anything about the cleveland warped tour, you'll know that we got hit by a freaking hurricane/tornado. right before paramore!!!! it starting raining & everyone was like, oh well not a big deal. then it starting pouring & they came out & covered the amps in stuff. everyone was shouting "rain or shine!" everyone (including paramore) waited to see if the rain would stop. but it just kept getting worse. it went from being 92 degrees to probably 58. it was freezing! & then it started hailing. & the wind was so strong it blew away tents & bent the bars. finally the body guards told everyone to leave & run to the big tent for cover. well there were a bunch of people hiding under merch tents & stuff so we just went in one of those because it was way closer than the big tent. when it let up a little we went to the big tent & it was completely filled. okay, so i was crushed. i ended up crying but i don't think anyone could tell because it was raining. lmao. i was so discouraged, i just wanted to go home. but we couldn't find my mom & no ones cell phones were working so we had to stick around. we were walking around & heard someone say paramore was playing & i was like WHAT!?! & we ran back to the stage & tried to get the best spot we could. we were probably second or third row on the left. the crowd was pretty mellow. probably because so many people left after the storm.

if you read all that, you get like 685694 gold stars because it's basically a novel. lmao

LMFAO same i'm about 6 foot too. So yeah. And people cant complain, because if i was infront of them, then they queued up too late ;)

haha. exactly!

both times ive seen paramore i was top 5 in line and had to wait for hours before the show began. so i feel like if i want to be in the front row i earned it....and i have been both times.

and ill be going to 2 shows this tour and its kind of tradition for me now to go real early (like 4 hours before) so i can get in the front.

the first 2 times i saw paramore the crowd was really good, pushing and stuff but not really painful and the stage was at my knees so hayley was basically in my face haha. and then when i just saw them on the RIOT! tour i was right up front like leaning on the stage cause there wasnt a barricade and someone crowd surfed onto the stage and i slammed my pinky and sprained it pretty bad and like 2 seconds later hayley squeezed my hand real hard and i was like owwwww but it was SO worth it :] warped was a pretty bad crowd though, i went in PA and the crowd surfers were ridiculous there was no one to catch them except the guards at the barricade which is right where i was and i could hardly watch the show but it was still worth it :)

I'm seeing them October 6th & shet your story worries me a bit...

I've never been GA before all the other shows I've been to have been seated. ;s

oh believe us. paramore crowds are no joke.

and the crowds will most likely be alot bigger and alot more brutal now since lots of people are discovering the band.

but if you wanna be in the front.....

be prepared to be bumped and slammed around and completely lose your hearing after the show.

they can get pretty wild lol

and the crowds will most likely be alot bigger and alot more brutal now since lots of people are discovering the band.

be prepared to be bumped and slammed around and completely lose your hearing after the show.

exactly. if you're in the front be prepared for all of this...

1. you wont be able to sleep too well cuz your ears will ring.

2. you will be sore and bruised from others behind you jamming there elbows into your back.

3. haha you will also be bruised from the barricade jamming into your knees/hips/stomach/chest [depending on your height].

4. there may be a little whiplash or soreness in your neck depending on the amount of headbanging you might do.

5. if you're tall, be prepared to get heckled by people who cant see.

6. you might feel a little sick from the heat. my advice is to be hydrated before the show.

7. o and last but not least...you will have the time of your life and it will certainly be something that will never forget. it will feel like the best hour or so youve ever lived.

at least that is all that happened to me in my 2 experiences in the front row.

1st time-squashed a bit and pushed a tiny tiny but but not really too bad.

2nd-squashed against the barrier.

3rd-bit pushy.

4th-very very pushy,squashed so much,coundnt move.

5th-squishedddd so bad, it was a massive festival crowd.

6th-crushed!!!

7th-crushed!!!

crushed!!.... crushed!! crushed!! 2,3,4!!! Nothing compares to...

o sorry. i couldnt help myself.

I think i'll stay up the back, er, watch from afar.. you know. ;p

It can't be that far back though, can it? The venue holds 900 people and it hasn't sold out..