Independant On Sunday Review of Astoria show (doesn't state which one)

HarlequinGerhl

"From the sublime to...well, to Paramore. Or "Para-fuckin'-mooore!", as their singer Hayley Williams unconvincingly puts it. They may perform infront of the work "Riot!" and a mural of civil unrest, but "Onward, christian soldiers" would be a more honest slogan for these Tennessee teens. They are, you see, Bible-bashers, with songs about striving for salvation through the Lord. Even if you didn't know this, you could guess. Paramore - Williams backed buy three guys in matching red jeans - are a Disney's High School Musical version of emo: imagine McFly with a punked-up Olsen twin on vocals. Their cliched dynamics raise high-pitched screams from 2,000 kids cutting loose after their first week of school, but it's all a bit Kelly Clarkson. When the shrill, squeaky-clean singer throws the least sincere devil sign in rock'n'roll history, and the Paramore fans throw devil signs back, you can bet she prays for forgiveness the next morning." - Simon Price

what a load of shit tbh.

its quite sad because the independant is one of the biggest and most influential newspapers in the uk. he doesnt even mention their performance and just seems to focus on their "bible bashing" beliefs which is just rude as well as a false interpretation of them, petty and uncalled for. also did Hayley say "para-fuckin'-more" cos i sure as hell didnt hear it.

at least he was witty.

^ haha i know

but alot of people will read it :)

yeah thats what i thought

they're arnt like some bands who thank god at every show and stuff so i really dont know were he got that from

Well, I never knew that Paramore were Christians until Q mag mentioned it in their review for Riot! I mean, 'Hallelujah' is probably the most religious-sounding song they have, but to me they certaintly don't seem to force it onto anyone with the music and lyrics. :???: