Meg & Dia

x3__kim

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ woah what did you get in the mail? Sorry i didn't follow that. That's really rad you met the drummer btw!

tower records had the offer where you could pre order their EP called what is it? a fender bender and so i did that and it came with an autoogrpahed booklet cover, as well as a dollar off their debut album out aug. 8th

i have a picture of nick and i from warped my dad just hasn't found the time to upload it yet. so i don't have any pics from warped yet =(

including the ones i have of paramore

yeah i don't know if it was meg or dia but i was waiting for TAI to perform and one of them was like have you heard of my band? and i was like BUT OF COURSE. she was kind of caught off guard. but standing next to her made me self esteem drop because she was so gorgeous. i got that yellow shirt and their ep.

^ woah what did you get in the mail? Sorry i didn't follow that. That's really rad you met the drummer btw!

tower records had the offer where you could pre order their EP called what is it? a fender bender and so i did that and it came with an autoogrpahed booklet cover' date=' as well as a dollar off their debut album out aug. 8th

i have a picture of nick and i from warped my dad just hasn't found the time to upload it yet. so i don't have any pics from warped yet =(

including the ones i have of paramore[/quote']

ooo cool

Okay I called them' date=' and they didn't even know who Meg and Dia were.

Thats extremely odd..[/quote']

what!?!?! that's blasphemy

I know exactly.. I was like "WHAT!?"

Then I hung up on them lmao

lol me n nick price daa drummaaa =)

63634975.jpg

^ Aw, he's a cutie. And this is really weird b/c I could have sworn I had posted this on the thread but when I just came back it wasn't here. Weirrdd.... haha I hope i didn't post it on the wrong thread. Anyway I guess I'll post it again haha.

So Hot Topic had this contest where they chose different Hot Topic employees to be pit reporters for Warped and this one girl wrote about Meg and Dia =) Here it is:

Warped Tour Pit Review - Milwaukee, WI - June 17th, 2006

By Cassie T.

This year’s Warped Tour in Milwaukee might have been a hot one, but it definitely wasn’t a disappointment. I tried to take time at a lot of the smaller stages to check out some not-yet-fully-discovered but very talented bands. I saw a lot of great shows, including Meg & Dia, Ivory, The Killer Apathy, Scary Kids Scaring Kids and Gym Class Heroes.

The first band I saw was probably the best I saw all day. Down under the MySpace® tent, on a stage barely big enough for them all to stand on, was Meg & Dia. These two gorgeous sisters have some of the most beautiful voices I’ve heard in a long time. The entire band played with all of their hearts and the small crowd of a few dedicated fans turned into a much larger crowd, filling the small tent. I did get to speak with them briefly afterward and found out their new album is due out in August, but if you want to check them out before then, hit up myspace.com/meganddia. I highly suggest you do.

071744bc4a6c4d179.jpeg

hey, someone asked before about what monster meant... i know this is late lol, but in one of their mysapce blogs, meg explains it. She writes stories, and then she writes songs about her stories, and she has the story she wrote monster about posted in a blog.

but anyway, I loooove setting up sunday, lessons in(from?) new jersey .. lol i'm not sure if its in or from.. and indiana. But i have an acoustic version of indiana, which i liked sooo much better than the one they put on myspace a few weeks ago. I don't have the old cd or ep but i can't wait to see them at warped. hopefully ill have enough money to buy something of theirs, lol.

hey' date=' someone asked before about what monster meant... i know this is late lol, but in one of their mysapce blogs, meg explains it. She writes stories, and then she writes songs about her stories, and she has the story she wrote monster about posted in a blog.

but anyway, I loooove setting up sunday, lessons in(from?) new jersey .. lol i'm not sure if its in or from.. and indiana. But i have an acoustic version of indiana, which i liked sooo much better than the one they put on myspace a few weeks ago. I don't have the old cd or ep but i can't wait to see them at warped. hopefully ill have enough money to buy something of theirs, lol.[/quote']

yeah that was me who asked

i read their blog too =)

This is from Katie the Monster Pit Blog writer for Warped:

As I was walking by the Myspace tent (Yes, there is a Myspace tent on the tour!! Can you believe it? Everyone really does love Myspace!) I heard some music that was quite appealing that made me further venture inside of the tent. It was the Myspace house band, Meg and Dia. (http://www.myspace.com/megdia) Okay, seriously, let me let everyone here in on a secret before they get really huge and it's impossible to find a space in the Myspace tent. They are really good. I highly suggest that you go check out their website and do not miss one of their two performances each day. That's right, they will be playing not once but twice every day in the Myspace tent which is really easy to find because it's huge and white. The band is made up of Meg, 21, her sister Dia who is 19 and Kenji Chan (21), Nick Price, (22) and Andrew Grosse (23).

After their second set of the day I had the chance to sit down with Meg and talk to her a little bit about Myspace, cops, and her college career as a business major. When I asked Meg how they got hooked up playing the Myspace tent she replied with a much better story then I could've made up. In a twist of irony, their Myspace page actually had a virus which added like 300 people a day. The Myspace user would then be forced to add Meg and Dia as a friend before they could move on in the website. Meg said that they were getting a ton of messages saying stuff like "We didn't want to add you" and Tom (you know, Tom of Myspace) was going to have to shut down their page. However, when Tom went to their page and listened to their music he liked what he heard and actually sent Meg a message. Not believing that it was actually Tom, she deleted the message and assumed it was a virus or a joke. A few days later, their manager informed them that Tom would be coming out to their California show to watch them play and Meg realized maybe she shouldn't have deleted that message.

This is their first time playing the Warped Tour but Meg has attended several in the past. She said it's a totally different experience playing it rather then just being an attendee it but she's loving it so far. So far she loves the reaction they're getting from the crowd and loves meeting everyone working on the tour.

On their first tour they actually toured around in Meg's Infinity SUV and spent most nights sleeping in it in random Target lots and parking garages. Her favorite memory was after the band played at Berklee and had nowhere to stay at all. She said they just spread their blankets out on a lawn and went to sleep. A few hours later they were awoken to three cops looming over them telling them they had to move. She said it was the first time she really realized how awesome it was to be out on the road just doing all these random things and taking crazy chances. Right now they're known as the "homeless band" on the Warped Tour because of a totally bogus bus company. They booked a bus from a company that didn't really exist and spent all of rehearsal day waiting for the bus that never came. The first night of the tour they actually had to sleep in the production office and from then on have been split up on all different buses while waiting for a new bus to come (hopefully by Sunday!) Meg, a Las Vegas native, studied business for several semesters at the University of Utah. When I asked her why she was studying business she laughed and told me that it seemed like the most practical major that would be able to be used in all different places. If she wasn't playing music with her sister she said she would probably spend the rest of her life in college as a professional student. She also admitted that she's been listening to Panic! at the Disco along with The Higher and Anathello. Their new album "Something Real" comes out on August 8th on Doghouse Records and once again, it would be in your best interest to go watch them at the Myspace tent.

http://www.warpedtour.com/blog/entry/50

They're getting a lot of attention!

that's pretty awesome

i was shocked when i saw they were going to play on warped but

nick messaged me back on myspace

he remembered =)

he was really nice too

i hope their new album is successful

i can't wait.

august 8th, guys!

something real