drop D tuning?

roxchick93

Yep, it's when you tune the top string down from E to D. I'm not a guitarist, but I've read enough about theory to know about Drop D tuning.

And apparently some of P-more's newer songs are in Drop Db, which is Drop D tuning with everything lowered an extra half step.

Hope that helps. :) An actual guitarist might be more helpful though. :P

Erm, if you break your low E string tuning to D then either your strings are reaaally old and worn, or you're tuned too high in the first place. O_o;

Anyway. The easiest way to tune your guitar if you aren't very good with doing it by ear is by just buying one of these.

http://www.endino.com/archive/pics/BossTuner1.jpg

Order one online or go to guitar center and ask for just a normal guitar chromatic tuner. Make sure it looks like that and not a boss foot pedal. (Which are fine too.. mainly for putting in an fx loop for live shows.)

If you don't have one the easiest way to tune down to D is to first, make sure your guitar is in tune. This is my fav online guitar tuner if I don't have my tuner around. Just try to match the sounds.

http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

One you're in tune, pluck your top string and your third string (d) and match the top string to the D string. This should intuitively make sense since you're matching your E string to the D string. =P

Hope this helps as I know it can be confusing for some just seeing a list of letters and are expected to know what it means. =)