First Guitar?

Parawhore914

i'll let one of the more experienced guitarists help you with that one, but this is just a suggestion: i would start off with an acoustic. thats what i did. it helps build finger strength, and if you can play stuff on an acoustic really well [like songs that should be played on an electric] then you'll be amazing on an electric. but like i said, its just a suggestion.

Well it all depends on what you want to play, an electric or acoustic guitar. If you are serious about learning how to play then i would suggest getting an acoustic just because its a good guitar to learn on. As for brand i would suggest getting an Ibanez. An acoustic Ibanez will be about $100 but your not going to need a $500 guitar to learn how to play. This is what i got for my first guitar and i had no problems with it at all.

my first guitar was actually a first act...piece of shit. lol. but my parents didn't know if i was gonna stick to it, so it makes sense. then i got my uncles old 15 year old knock-off martin guitar, thats the acoustic i use now. and i got a fernandez electric, and i'm probably getting an ibanez electric acoustic.

like every one else said get ibanez acoustic..

but if ur looking for an electric guitar then this is always a good one. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-103382115-i1167867.gc

it slightly pricey though. but its good to begin with (it was my first guitar if u dont include my brothes old acoustic i used to play) and there is no need to upgrade a guitar so quickly w/ that one. if u buy a first act guitar (like the "beginner" ones that come in a box) once you u become rather good mostly likely u would want one that plays alot better. so the ibanez i showed u is a good one becuz it a good beginner one and it will b a good one to play for quite awhile...

ok sorry i type a lot

or go to the place were u get guitars and ask the people there. they help. ALOT

I agree with them...but if you don't have loads of money for an ibanez....go with a Jasmine Takamine because they have a good sound, they're 100 bucks, and last a long time...that's what my first (REAL) one was. I still have it...going on around 6 years now, sounds the same, (if not better.) but my first guitar, that I got when I was 6, was a Mark II acoustic guitar (from walmart for like 20 bucks) and it sucked, but if you learn on a piece of crap, when you get a real guitar, you'll be twice as good... :)

Thanks guys. I think I'm going to go with an Ibanez but, before I really decide: What's NOT to like about them?

Well it all depends on what you want to play, an electric or acoustic guitar. If you are serious about learning how to play then i would suggest getting an acoustic just because its a good guitar to learn on. As for brand i would suggest getting an Ibanez. An acoustic Ibanez will be about $100 but your not going to need a $500 guitar to learn how to play. This is what i got for my first guitar and i had no problems with it at all.

^^

Thank you, that really helped a lot.

Since this is your first guitar, do not look for something too fancy. Look for something good, but simple. My first guitar was a First Act acoustic and it has served me well.

It depends on what kind of guitar you are thinking of though. Are you wanting an acoustic or electric?

i guess this lot got the starting on acoustic thing covered, lol. once you've moved past acoustic i suggest getting an Ibanez electric. they are amazing to play. but that's just my opinion so i suggest going down your nearest good guitar shop and playing different brands and see which you like best and which you think sounds best. try not to get one where you can tighten the bridge tho cos you tighten it and it easily goes out of tune and to retune it you have to loosen it and retune it like 15 times before the string stays in tune. well annoying! lol