Reveiw of 11/17 Show

Parawhore914

I don't know about anyone else but...I don't really like this article. There's no mention of Jeremy, Zac and Josh are--twin brothers?!, and the guy blabs on and on about Hayley.

Title: Paramore Shines At Palladium

Headline: Rock Review--Upbeat vibe ignites with Williams

Emo doesn't know it yet, but it now has access to a diva.

Hayley Williams of Paramore is a presence that can captivate millions in her own if she chooses. She has a voice that can fell a small patch of forest, and it stays on key and on high as she pogos, sprints and headbangs.

Ms. Williams has the larger-than-her-stature poise and charisma of Joan Jett, the easygoing Southern Charm of Dolly Parton, the principled mystique of Debbie Gibson and the giddy approach-ability of Cyndi Lauper.

The 18-year old even has a gimmick: She colors her hair to match her clothes; for this show, it was a deep red.

She's not relectant to lead, as she demonstrated during her hand's sold-out concert at the Palladium Ballroom on Saturday. But her values and her youth keep her from taking the lead. In emo-don and for now, that's OK.

Paramore's arguably the fastest-rising band in modern rock. The steady building success of its sophmore CD Riot, as well as the disc's lead single, "Misery Business", has the band at a crest that shouldn't fall for the next several months. Even big-market radio, which is typically reluctant to latch onto anything emo or punk-much less both-is convinced; Paramore was added Saturday to "The Edge" KDGE-FM(102.1)'s gigantic "How The Edge Stole Christmas" concert on Dec. 15.

Judging from the extremely vocal and pubescent 3,300 that saw Paramore preform at the Palladium, the band is filling the pop-rock gap between Miley Cyrus and My Chemical Romance on multiple fronts. To credit, Paramore isn't all about the singing comet that is Hayley. The other band members are more the competent musicians. And twin brothers Zac and Josh Farro supply a fair enough share of boyish hunkiness to offset Ms. Williams' sprightly alternitive cheerleader energy.

But from the opening bard of "For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic" to the not-half-bad cover of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Faces in Disguise", Paramore preformed four pros instead of a token front woman backed by essentially hired hands. In that sense as well as others, Paramore is the anit-Evenescense. Both bands play music about jealous, love, loss and confusion. But while Amy Lee's charge is dark and underhanded, Paramore's positively empowering and righteous.

A fantastically arranged set only suffered one hiccup: Ms. Williams closed the pre-encore session by preforming the two-year-old ballad "My Heart", a bad choice because of its languidness and age. Yes, she lost her breath during the bridge of "That's What You Get;" and still looks uncomfortable in front of a keyboard; yes, Josh Farro missed a couple of stomp-box cues and mailed in the solo on "Fences;" yes, Zac Farro rushed his bass-drum hits at times.

Yes, Paramore is a band that's maturing, but Ms. Williams is ahead of her pack. She may be in it for her bandmates sakes now, but they might never catch her or match her. Then what?

I just feel that this article is just...I don't know, it's not the best that Mike Daniel could do. It's a sorry review all in all, in my opinion at least.