Soundscan Numbers for AWKIF

simpson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last week: 799

total sold: 26' date='606

i'm surprised it's not higher considering it's been out since last summer :([/quote']

I think those are pretty decent numbers for their first album. At least iam sure the band wasnt excpecting so many sales.

and yea the album hasnt been released globally yet, i hope they can do that sooon.

last week: 799

total sold: 26' date='606

i'm surprised it's not higher considering it's been out since last summer :([/quote']

That's about what Hayley had quoted in some interview I heard recently...it does seem low, but they haven't really broken through in a big way yet...all it takes is one big moment, one big song...

Some good Warped exposure this summer on a bigger stage will definitely help.

The real question is whether it triggers the move to Atlantic...wasn't there a lot of speculation about them needing to reach a certain # of album sales to have their next album released on Atlantic rather than FBR?

And, on another note, where'd you get these #s?

selling anything and people buying 26' date='606 of it would be amazing

and its their first album[/quote']

Of course, Scott Stapp *cough, cough* was complaining that he only sold 94,000 copies of his solo album in the first week.

Who are the 94,000 morons who bought Scott Stapp's solo album?!?!

No offense to anyone on here if you're in that group :)

on myspace in i think december before they went out on tour again and started to realllllly get fans by the boat load they sent out a bulletin saying that they sold around 15,000 copies but they had like a billion friends on myspace so they were promoting...they sold a couple thousand in like 3 months so props to them....they must be excited!!!!

I know I would be excited....

it's really hard to sell a crapload of copies for your first album, unless you're like a completely new thing.

I remember linkin park's first album sold like crazy, but they played in the UK before releasing their album in america, so nvm they already had a fanbase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting fact I just read in Jen Trynin's book "Everything I'm Cracked Up To Be" - if you want a somewhat depressing look at the rockstar life, this is the book to read...anyway, she says that only about 10% of records released by major labels sell more than 10,000 copies...

So, by those #s, Paramore is doing pretty darn well, considering they're not even on a major label yet...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sales #s are picking up...these are from last week, courtesy of AP.net...

Paramore - All We Know is Falling: 1,693 (43,694)

By comparison, though, CIWWAF sold a little over 4,000 copies last week to bring their total sold to 28k...granted, their album is newer and getting more hype at the moment and a bigger push from FBR...Paramore deserves to be doing those #s though...

Still, good #s for Paramore - Warped certainly helped album sales...and once the Emergency vid hits the airwaves and the headlining tour starts, I can easily see these #s going up, up, up :)

Wouldn't 100,000 copies sold be awesome?!?