Flyleaf

thorned_lilac_182

• 2 months later...
ok so you're not talking about like the super low sounding voiced screaming *crosses opeth off the list* haha but yeah you should still check like *blanks on the name* damnit! lol um...arch enemy, the singer is both female and a great singer/screamer, though they tend to go into the heavier side of metal so if you aren't a metal head you may appreciate her voice but you'll still think the band sucks haha and just so we can stay on topic, i'm gonna post a topic about this :)

angela gossow :]

also, the singer otep shamaya from the band otep is an awesome screamer.

and i love flyleaf :]

x

Guest haunted_dreams55
is it actually her that screams? i don't know about on record, but it is definately the male guitarist who screams live.

She screams on the record and from the live videos I have seen of them she was doing the screaming.

Guest haunted_dreams55
wierd. i checked a few videos on youtube and you are totally right, but i saw them a few weeks go and could have sworn that she didn't scream. maybe she's not screaming b/c of her vocal problems or something.

Yeah that could be it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, she's not screaming because of her vocal issues.

Their new video will be for "All Around Me" and should come out sometime soon. Go to FlyleafOnline.com (shameless plug) and look at where I updated the site (I'm Ali, by the way) and you will see the YouTube video for Flyleaf's appearance on FUSE's The Sauce.. during which they play a small clip from the video. Looks really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

last nights show was the best I've ever seen them. Lacey was supposed to be on voice rest, but she didn't seem to be holding anything back. Pat and Sameer were all over the place as usual, and James and Jared rocked like nobodys business.

I'll share some pics as soon as I get them as I won the meet and greet for last night.

Flyleaf is such an intense band, it seems rare these days to have alot of great bands with a female vocalist in them and Flyleaf is easily one of my favorite bands around with such a great female singer. I am very curious to see if there next album will be as good as there first one.

I am very curious to see if there next album will be as good as there first one.

I sure hope it will be.. I have complete faith that it will, though. Their new songs "Again" and "Have We Lost" sound amazing.. and I'm sure the rest of the new album will also. I can't wait for ittttt! :mrgreen:

I also can't wait for Family Values Tour so I can see/talk to them again. They're such great people.