Singers?

DearDestruction

^Holy shiznit! That's redonkulous. I bought mine on amazon.com the seller was The Vitamin Shoppe, their website is vitaminshoppe.com and they have the 100 count bottle for like $9.

Have any of you guys tried any voice sprays? There's one called clear voice that I've considered, it's supposed to lubricate your throat and help with muscle fatigue but I'm kinda worried that it might be a rip off.

^ haha thats like cheating though... just kiddin... i just constantly drink hot/warm green tea with lemon and honey in it... that usually works really well. and you can get like 100 bags of tea *refuse to say 'tea bags' cuz it sounds bad, haha* for like 5 bucks at walgreens... well you can in my neiborhood... yeah... or for me sometimes a rockstar *energy drink, duh* actually coats my throat with sugar so it feels smoother... lopl... how sad... i rely on rockstar... LOPL

^Well the Clear Voice product is all natural, so it's technically not cheating. I'd only use it during and after to class to keep my throat nice and coated since I obviously can't be singing & sipping hot tea haha. But yeah I do green & white tea with honey and that helps so so so much, but I need something to keep me moist DURING my lesson, ya know? Plus I have allergies, and it's always windy here so I've had problems with mucus and congestion, sorry if that grosses you guys out. I'm thinking of buying some sunbreeze oil for that, Brett Manning sells it on his site so I figure that's probably trustworthy.

^ haha

that last part - "Brett Manning sells it on his site so I figure that's probably trustworthy." - reminded me of a diet commercial...

"and we couldnt sell it on TV if it didnt work!"

i dont know why... but yeah.... i can see why youd want it... lopl

^Haha I didn't think of that. Well water works but the problem is you have to drink SO MUCH water to keep your vocal chords and everything properly moisturized, and I use a humidifier at night as well to help but that only does so much ya know? It's super important for them to be moist so I figure if I need a little help and I can get it from the spray I might as well use it. I'm going to talk to my voice coach before I buy anything though.

^ good idea...

I just go on voice (ar)rest 3 times a week for 5 hours and it seems to help a lot... and it gets me out of talking to my teachers when they call on me.. i just point to the sticky note on my shirt or backpaack... hahaha...

but yeah

the sprays never worked for me... except cold sprays... lopl...

one thing that works extremely well is Vicks Capor Rub.... just put a little bit on your chest/collarbone at night while you're sleeping and EVERYTHING opens up... haha its like you downed a whole gallon of minty stuff *well to me anyways, cuz minty stuff opens up the throat and nasal passages* but yeah.. vicks rules.... so does that throat spray that is all grape/cherry/orange flavored.... mmmm

^

i love vix. ;D

i remember using it when i was like, 6-9 for my colds i used to get all the time.

i used to sit there watching tv or playing the ps2 with my like, head under a towel with a bowl of hot water, and vix put in it.

it works liek a treat, and kept me quiet for hours ^.^

when you sing,

please try and make a bridge that goes overfrom your chest voice to your head voice so it all runs smoothly, and so your voice doesnt break ;D

make sure you breathe unnoticably, haha, thats always a good one,

cos you cant have someone stopping half way through a verse panting for air.

and make sure your having fun whilst your singing,

cos otherwise its just.. singing. :)

i'll post more when i can be bothered to ;D

When I met my friend (who live's in another city), she just asked me this thing when we were in a bar.

"Erica, do you sing a lot?"

- "No, what made you think of that?"

"I just think your voice sounds so awesome when you talk. I wonder do you have a good singing voice"

lol

The diaphragm should be used as a vocal and breathing support. As you go higher and know how to use your diaphragm you´ll notice it working super hard.

Also as for the tea thing or things to lubricate your chords, I think these are only meant to be used in an extreme emergency, not all the time because if your voice is tired or not working properly and you use a medicine or drink tea (which changes up your chords too fast due to quick change in temperature) you´ll still end up pushing your voice just you dont notice it because it´s under the effects of a product.

Am I just like the singing anti singer here? I smoke lol. My old singing teacher was an opera singer in the 60´s/70´s and was a huuuge smoker too, she´s now quit but she said she´d manage to tour and not have voice problems but...I guess it depends on the voice because I know my voice cant handle too many cigarettes and singing, especially not opera!! She was lucky I suppose.

The diaphragm should be used as a vocal and breathing support. As you go higher and know how to use your diaphragm you´ll notice it working super hard.

Also as for the tea thing or things to lubricate your chords, I think these are only meant to be used in an extreme emergency, not all the time because if your voice is tired or not working properly and you use a medicine or drink tea (which changes up your chords too fast due to quick change in temperature) you´ll still end up pushing your voice just you dont notice it because it´s under the effects of a product.

Am I just like the singing anti singer here? I smoke lol. My old singing teacher was an opera singer in the 60´s/70´s and was a huuuge smoker too, she´s now quit but she said she´d manage to tour and not have voice problems but...I guess it depends on the voice because I know my voice cant handle too many cigarettes and singing, especially not opera!! She was lucky I suppose.

Oh yeah, I've only used the tea once and it was because I totally blew my voice out. I just wanted to know if the spray was worth it because then I could have something handy in my purse, because I blew my voice out and then had to go to work for like 8 hours and wasn't able to get any hot drinks to sooth it. Pretty much any hot drink will make me feel better.

I know I used vic's vapor rub when I was younger, I need to see if we have any or I'll probably pick some up this week, I'd totally forgotten about that stuff!

I got my Thayer's slippery elm lozenges and they're AWESOME. Also, there is a logo in the corner that says "Seth Riggs Approved speechlevelsinging.com" so that's pretty cool bc I do SLS and I didn't know he approved of them.

Also I bought some Traditional Medicinals Organic Throat Coat tea, it's an all natural herb tea and it's meant for when you sick (which sadly I currently am) and it's great. It made my throat feel way better and it's got a nice taste to it, it's a little spicy. This woman in the aisle at whole foods told me her best friend is a singer and loves it, which is why I got it bc I've been sick lately.

lol i smoke as well. normally find that my voice hits notes better when i'm halfway through a fag or just after. well weird... but yeah. only problem is that my voice strains more cos of it