Paramore and FBR

Is it just me or does it seem like FBR isn't giving Paramore the same kind of promotional push they're giving a lot of their other bands like TAI or P!ATD? Now, granted, Panic! just kind of blew up out of nowhere - they didn't require much promotion from FBR...and I certainly understand that a label has limited resources and has to choose how to invest them...

But still...I get my FBR Street Team bulletins and they're full of missions for every band on the label - from FOB to TAI to the smaller bands...everyone except Paramore. It's kind of odd. Again, AWKIF has been out for awhile...but it still seems like FBR could be doing more to promote it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Paramore potentially transitioning to Atlantic for the next record...assuming that is going to happen.

maybe they're waiting till paramore's new record.

like you said awkif has been out for awhile...

Yeah, but the band says they're going to tour behind AWKIF for awhile longer...

Which makes me think they're close to selling enough to get Atlantic to put out the next record...and because of this, FBR isn't giving them as much promotional help as some of their other bands...

That's all just speculation though...I mean, if Paramore gets big, it's only to FBR's benefit, since they've got AWKIF on their label...so it doesn't totally make sense.

this is just what i think, but

i feel like FBR is promoting those bands because they're already so popular. they was to get the most out of them because they see that they have so many fans. i think that bands like P!ATD and TAI are FBR's first priority in a way

they shouldn't be though....i agree. they're a bit negligent of paramore =(

well, kind of, like panic is also more signed with decadanyce, and it's stil with FBR, but it's branchend out, and it's also one of pete wentz first project, so they want to make sure it doesn't fail. something like that.

i hope they don't go over to alantic.

i noticed that too. they get ads in AP & all but have never been pushed. even when they first signed. like forgive durden & cute is what we aim for signed pretty recently & there were huuuuuuge leadups to the announcements. they were pushed right when the cd came out but not really since. they're never mentioned in emails. & at shows when the bands are telling people to check out FBR bands paramore is never mentioned. it's probably something with their contracts but i'm not going to speculate.

i noticed that too. they get ads in AP & all but have never been pushed. even when they first signed. like forgive durden & cute is what we aim for signed pretty recently & there were huuuuuuge leadups to the announcements. they were pushed right when the cd came out but not really since. they're never mentioned in emails. & at shows when the bands are telling people to check out FBR bands paramore is never mentioned. it's probably something with their contracts but i'm not going to speculate.

I can't resist speculating, so no one kill me for this :) My guess would be that the upstreaming rumors are true and Paramore is really an Atlantic band that's simply taking some time on FBR to build a fanbase and to hone their songwriting skills...

The big promotional push likely comes with album #2, which I would guess comes out on Atlantic. They're so young, Atlantic can afford to take their time making sure they're as good as they can be.

And, honestly, I could care less what label they're on. They're a great band with a ton of talent...they deserve every fan they get. And they're so down to earth and such great people that it's obvious that any success they have is never going to go to their heads.

wow i didnt even know that atlantic was guna be doing the next record! ughhh i hate being a poor college kid

It's not official, but the rumors that are out there are that Paramore is "officially" signed to Atlantic, who got them to put their first record out on FBR to get some exposure...the way the rumor goes is that if they sell a certain # of copies of AWKIF, the next record comes out on Atlantic...

Again, all rumors, but if you search the web, you can find pics of Hayley with Atlantic reps at SXSW when she performed solo, so I think it's pretty likely the band will be on Atlantic one of these days...

wow i didnt even know that atlantic was guna be doing the next record! ughhh i hate being a poor college kid

It's not official' date=' but the rumors that are out there are that Paramore is "officially" signed to Atlantic, who got them to put their first record out on FBR to get some exposure...the way the rumor goes is that if they sell a certain # of copies of AWKIF, the next record comes out on Atlantic...

Again, all rumors, but if you search the web, you can find pics of Hayley with Atlantic reps at SXSW when she performed solo, so I think it's pretty likely the band will be on Atlantic one of these days...[/quote']

they're on atlantic for a fact. they signed to atlantic like sept. 2004 & fbr i believe april 05. the months may be off but i know there was time between them. for some reason i don't think that's why they're not pushing them though. wouldn't that be the whole point of them being on FBR? i don't know. it doesn't really matter haha i guess.

they're on atlantic for a fact. they signed to atlantic like sept. 2004 & fbr i believe april 05. the months may be off but i know there was time between them. for some reason i don't think that's why they're not pushing them though. wouldn't that be the whole point of them being on FBR? i don't know. it doesn't really matter haha i guess.

Yeah...that's what doesn't totally make sense to me either...you would think FBR should be pushing them and that that was part of the reason Atlantic put their first record out with FBR. But, I don't know...maybe there's some grand masterplan we just aren't seeing...

Or, maybe FBR has fulfilled its duty and we're in the down time now until they release the 2nd record on Atlantic and get the big push...but then why tour behind AWKIF for the rest of the year instead of getting the 2nd album out?

Another possibility - maybe there's an Atlantic re-release with a big promo push of AWKIF coming up? That's total speculation, but certainly anything's possible...

Yeah...that's what doesn't totally make sense to me either...you would think FBR should be pushing them and that that was part of the reason Atlantic put their first record out with FBR. But' date=' I don't know...maybe there's some grand masterplan we just aren't seeing...

Or, maybe FBR has fulfilled its duty and we're in the down time now until they release the 2nd record on Atlantic and get the big push...but then why tour behind AWKIF for the rest of the year instead of getting the 2nd album out?

Another possibility - maybe there's an Atlantic re-release with a big promo push of AWKIF coming up? That's total speculation, but certainly anything's possible...[/quote']

hmm i didn't think about a rerelease. that could happen. i think epic is going to do that with Cartel's cd that's been out a while. the only reason i'm skeptical is bc i don't think AWKIF has that many radio singles. pressure is amazing for radio. brightertoo. i think their next cd will be much more mainstream/radio friendly.