Glasgow academy

butterfly250

arrgh i know, it would be niceness!

ive got a couple people on my case about going though - those guys who're trying to get on the list for this gig, aaand one of my best mates has got the idea in her noggin now :willy_nilly:

(the two of were actually gonna go to the leeds fest, 'til we realised it would be better to go next year)

the timings just really wank for me though. like i said, this gig is the night before my french exam - like i said, i wouldnt be studying for it the night before anyway, but realistically i'll need that weekend to get some work done on the damn subject.

(i actually really like french and im taking it at higher, but the sodding exam is quashing some potential fun!)

maybe next year :roll:

• Like 1

Yeah, don't conform to peer pressure, if French is something you like and plan on doing next year it's probably for the best you stay and at least get a wee bit done.

I'm like that when exams matter, I can't have anything distracting me, so something like this would be really annoying haha.

Failing that, if you do decide to go to GIAN, I passed SG French, I could always help you revise between bands and on the train back:P haha

Granted it's been around 2 years since I last done it though :P haha

haha! aye im not worried about the exam at all. its just your luck with french anyway.

but even if i did decide to brave it and go to give it a name on my own account, i doubt my 'rents would let me for the same reasons :neutral:

theyre fine with the paramore/french thing (and everything else i normally plan to do for that matter!), but it think something like pissing off for the weekend before a final exam maaay just force them to give me a blunt "naw" for a change!

Hahaha, yeah I suppose it is a little too far.

No worries, looks like I wont need to go brush up on my French then :P haha

My parents were alright with me going down, they weren't happy at first but they said as long as I sorted everything out then I could go. The next day, tickets/hotel/train booked. I think they thought I was bluffing ahah.

Here btw, we do actually like own this thread, we need to get the person who made it to rename it in our honour!

aye, i think me and a few mates will be there fairly early to enjoy some idle banter.

what time would you be going? if you dont mind me asking :D

aw cool. how early you think you'll be heading up? i'm not sure. probably be kicking about town from about 12 i'd say. i used to go to their shows really early to get to the barrier.. but i doubt i'll be doing that at the academy because i don't like it there :) haha.

Barrier at Gc last may was no bad like! Except a few like 13 year old girls screamin but don't you always get that.

Just prefer the barras outta all the venues!

Oh yeah one of my mates from glasgow got tickets from some place in glasgow think it was like a ticketplace idk really cause we dont have one here :P

Awh if its sold out that means we're no getting the barras :( *depression time*

The QMU is probably my favourite venue in Glasgow.

It's like a bigger Tut's but not that much bigger.

I've been barrier there a couple of times and that was awesome.

ABC is decent aswell.

I think we'll all agree the SECC is pretty shit, they ruined TBS for me last year.

Barrier at the Academy is shit tbh

I was at the barrier for (part of) Brand New and for The Dykeenies and it wasn't much better than when I've been there standing further back, like at Panic.

class.. you seen the dykeenies :) wish i had. none of my pals seem to be into them though.

it's not even the barrier at the carling academy that i don't like. it's just the venue in general. it's got to be the worst venue ever btw. the sound is ridiculous.

Just prefer the barras outta all the venues!

me too btw. it's amazing.

class.. you seen the dykeenies :) wish i had. none of my pals seem to be into them though.

it's not even the barrier at the carling academy that i don't like. it's just the venue in general. it's got to be the worst venue ever btw. the sound is ridiculous.

Haha yeah, I've saw them 8 times in the past year or so, they are one of my favourite bands.

Panic were good at the Carling, they had a decent sound, but every other time I've been there, the sounds been sub-standard.

Plus, it just reminds me of like a school assembly hall, and they bump you too much for drinks.

QMU forthewin.

Haha yeah, I've saw them 8 times in the past year or so, they are one of my favourite bands.

Panic were good at the Carling, they had a decent sound, but every other time I've been there, the sounds been sub-standard.

Plus, it just reminds me of like a school assembly hall, and they bump you too much for drinks.

QMU forthewin.

nice. i'd love to see them live.

oh aye, panic actually wasn't as bad as it usually is. i was in shock. i was there the other night though for angels and airwaves and it was back to being shitty again.

qmu isn't bad ;) haha.

are you going to queue early for paramore then?

I was going to go to AvA for yma6 but my mates band were playing that night so I went to see them instead, besides I'll be seeing yma6 next month anyway.

Hopefully when yma6 tour in June/July it'll be the QM, I doubt it though.

Oh, I'm not going to Paramore (yet) haha.

The orignal date clashed with Manchester Orchestra, who I was guestlisted for, so I went to that instead. Then TicketMaster/TicketWeb didn't accept Debit Cards for the new date, and by the time I had got a hold of a Credit Card they were gone.

I've got a mate who might sell me his, but he's being a dick about it haha.

If I was going, I'd probs queue about 5.30-6pm, unless I knew the banter was good, in which case I'd queue earlier. Although, I'd be bringing a chair cause I'll be fucked after GIAN lol.

QMU forthewin.

Yeah i think the sounds better than the corn exchange though it actually sucks i think anyways.....Never been to the QMU =\ my cousin used to work there though...

Anyone waiting after to meet them? I mean they do owe us after cancelling twice :P

Never been to the Corn Exchange, although I've only ever been to 3 gigs outside Glasgow, all of which were in Meadowbank Stadium haha.

The QMU is a smashing wee venue, assuming you've been to the garage here, but you know how the garage is like really long but thin? Well the QM is wide but short. It's immense.

One of my best gigs ever was there last year when The Dykeenies headlined and dedicated Pick You Up to me. It's an awesome song by an awesome band! =)

Now, this is a long shot, but the Classic Grand in Glasgow is a great wee venue aswell if you've ever been there. My mates band played with Mirrorview there and the sound was something else.

Here btw, we do actually like own this thread, we need to get the person who made it to rename it in our honour!

lmao. aye. owned 8-)

best of luck getting yer ticket btw (Y)

aw cool. how early you think you'll be heading up? i'm not sure. probably be kicking about town from about 12 i'd say. i used to go to their shows really early to get to the barrier.. but i doubt i'll be doing that at the academy because i don't like it there :) haha.

probably about the sameish for us tbh. we'll probs start making our way in about 11.30/12, so we should be in glasgow for one. id happily just buy some munchies then head straight up, but a few folk might tail off and go for a gander first!

but yeah, i know i'll try and be there for like two, at the latest.

aha, i just wanna que for the patter tbh! me and my pal sophie (aye, the one who posted in the page before) are very good at sneaking up to the barrier via the side anyway 8-)

(lol sophie, remember that at gallows? that was sneaakky).

yeah ive always wanted to go to the qmu my cousin said its one of the best wee venues in glasgow....

Aye ive been to the garage a few times its rather beastly was at madina lake, lostprophets, fall out boy and the enemy....

seriously if u can avoid it dont go to the corn exchange....I was not impressed by it

AHHHH SHES THE ONLY ONE AT GALLOWS THAT PUSHED PAST ME :o.......nah only messing :P

ooh, are we talking about venues now? im good at this :D

the garage - ive been in it once. it was 'nice', but i didnt really get much a vibe from the place.

QMU - never been in it, heard its good though.

ABC - the garage reminded me of it tbh. nice, but not much more than that.

barras - best venue in the city, hands down. only been in it twice but i still love it more than anywhere.

king tuts - been twice, great buzzing tiny venue.

barfly - pants.

corn exchange - fucking. awful.

lol

IRONWORKS and downtown usa! are beastly but no big bands come up here biffy clyro were like the last ones :) and the gallows were up in december but the show got stopped after 4 songs cause it was just one big mosh..

Yeah the garage reminds me of the abc just smaller :P ... im not good at this considering ive only been to the abc like three times the academy once garage four? times and one club night but that dosnt really count...QMU never...KingTuts...Once tiny but goood...Barfly...never...Cornexchange...THE WORST!!!

aha, i just wanna que for the patter tbh! me and my pal sophie (aye, the one who posted in the page before) are very good at sneaking up to the barrier via the side anyway 8-)

(lol sophie, remember that at gallows? that was sneaakky).

Aw yass, queue banter!

I don't really know anyone from here so Babs you will have to keep me right.

Yeah, barrier sneaking.

See a gap, smoosh in! The security give you a strange look.