Duffy

Jorgi

Duffy. Like Dusty Springfield only different. And Welsh.

Not usually my thing, HOWEVER.

She has the current UK number one with "Mercy" and has got the most amazing voice. I am sat here watching her on Later With Jools Holland, singing "Rockferry" and she is properly, properly good.

http://www.myspace.com/duffymyspace

Go give her myspace a peek and DISCUSS.

http://www.myspace.com/duffymyspace

Go give her myspace a peek and DISCUSS.

Well personally I think she is overrated and has a substandard voice. The thing is we in the UK seem to be screaming out for a successful female solo artist to counteract the American/Canadian invasion that the press will just “latch” onto any female singer with a gruff voice…..which is why tat like her and Amy Winehouse are doing so well.

In any other time Duffy would’ve been seen as a tribute act that belongs in working men clubs and Winehouse would’ve been treat like the druggy that she is instead of being pitied over. :roll:

That's your opinion. Hooray for opinions.

Mine:

Her voice is not subtandard- the range is past "substandard", as are her techniques and her style is like no other artist out right now. I'm not quite sure where you're coming from, if i'm honest, you may not like her voice/style/whatever, but she is not substandard by any means.

And how can you be overrated when you've been in the public eye less that 6 months, more like 3 ? That's ridiculous.

And it's unfortunate about Amy Winehouse, what with her being a crack-whore and what not, but she has got a good voice. Shame about her brain/appearance/addictions/dress sense/husband/life, but her voice is good.