Google Search Ad Campaign

As you guys search around on Google, you may notice ads for PF.com in different places. We figured this might be a fun way to promote the site and promote Paramore. So, we've bought ads on a bunch of different keywords - a lot of them Paramore related (so people who are looking for Paramore info find us) :) and a lot related to bands Paramore has played with or tours they're going to be on (Warped, etc.) in hopes of introducing people searching for those bands or tours to the greatness that is Paramore :)

We'll see how it works, but it seems like a pretty cheap and easy way to promote the band and the site...Google's pretty picky when ads aren't getting many clicks, so we may disappear eventually, but it's worth a try...

So, if you see the ads, cool - but don't click on them :) Each click costs me money :) We just want the new folks clicking on the ads, not existing members of PF.com...

And, if you've got any ideas on how we could expand the campaign or thoughts on it, let me know :)

what are the keywords

or one of them

I've googled a bunch of words but i still havent seen an ad...

and i swear i wont click it lol

Heh - well, even searching on the keywords without clicking the ad lowers our click-thru rate and our quality score, which makes it more likely that Google will deactivate the ads...

but try "Paramore" or just about anything you can think of that's paramore related..."paramore lyrics", "paramore video", "paramore mp3", etc.

Right now, a lot of the other band names I was buying got deactivated because no one was clicking through...but Google tends to turn them back on, so we'll just wait and see. All our Paramore related terms and Warped Tour related terms are still up and running though :)

i shall try it!

We're also running on Yahoo! now as well :) So if you search over there on Paramore related terms, you should see our ad as well...

And on Google, we're primarily down to just the Paramore related terms now...everything else either got too expensive or just wasn't generating any clicks...

Still, I think our list is like 100 Paramore related terms on Google and about 25 on Yahoo!

i shall try it!

We're also running on Yahoo! now as well :) So if you search over there on Paramore related terms' date=' you should see our ad as well...

And on Google, we're primarily down to just the Paramore related terms now...everything else either got too expensive or just wasn't generating any clicks...

Still, I think our list is like 100 Paramore related terms on Google and about 25 on Yahoo![/quote']

alright thanks good to know