Anberlin

benzzz

Oh, I would def. be interested in the Cali one.

So my brother and bestie are both on board! Since we're all doing summer school, we just have to work that stuff out. I'm going to submit a press request to cover the festival as well, so hopefully I can get tons of pictures and interviews!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry i'm kinda going off topic in a couple of ways here...if corner stone came to california i would be super happy. if i could make it, definitely go. and yay for san diego for warped, i went to school there so it's like my second home... i've never been able to make it to a warped concert before,so i'm just a little scared (that basically means petrified) of what to expect.

Jess, you take great pictures! that'd be totally awesome if you got a press pass.

sorry i'm kinda going off topic in a couple of ways here...if corner stone came to california i would be super happy. if i could make it, definitely go. and yay for san diego for warped, i went to school there so it's like my second home... i've never been able to make it to a warped concert before,so i'm just a little scared (that basically means petrified) of what to expect.

aww I was a little scared at first. It totally depends on the band as to like, how pushy the crowd is, as well as where you stand. it's not that bad though. =]

Jess, you take great pictures! that'd be totally awesome if you got a press pass.

aww I was a little scared at first. It totally depends on the band as to like, how pushy the crowd is, as well as where you stand. it's not that bad though. =]

Thanks! It'd bring a lot of traffic to my LJ. I'm thinking of finally getting a real website together, though. I'd probably get more jobs because a website is more legit.

OVERSEAS MAY TOUR! I'm insanely jealous of everyone that gets to go to this:: (it's with Copeland)

May 27 – Tokyo, Japan @ Japan Street Calling Fest 07 (Copeland not playing)

May 29 - Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo O-East

May 30 - Osaka, Japan @ Osaka Drop

May 31 - Osaka, Japan @ Osaka Drop

June 2,3 - Singapore – TBD

June 4-6 - New Zealand – TBD

June 8 - Adelaide, South Australia @ Fowler's Live (AA)

June 9 - Melbourne, Victoria @ Corner Hotel (18+)

June 10 - Melbourne, Victoria @ Corner Hotel (18 -)

June 13 - Brisbane, Queensland @ The Arena (AA)

June 14 - Newcastle, NSW @ Cambridge Hotel (18+)

June 15 - Sydney, NSW @ Manning Bar (AA)

June 16 - Perth, WA @ Amplifier Bar (18+)

June 17 - Perth, WA @ The Bakery (AA)

That show was ridiculously fun. I don't know how I managed to gather the energy to drive home haha.

Jonezetta was nice. I never really listened to them much but I think I'll listen a little now. I'm not really into Bayside so their set didn't appeal to me that much, but the crowd was digging it. A couple got engaged on stage in between songs during their set. Sweet!

Anberlin's set was probably the best single set I've ever been to, and I've seen dozens upon dozens. It started off with A Whisper & A Clamour and the place went nuts. I have videos of these that I'll upload and have up in a day or two. They played a mix of songs from Cities and NTFP, and one song, Readyfuels, off their first album. They played Unwinding Cable Car with 2 acoustics. Brilliant song :) I think they ended with Godspeed, and then encored with *fin. (Amazinggg!)

Unfortunately, the Firestone crew kicked us all out so we couldn't hang with the bands after the show (the venue is actually a sweet night club, so they needed us out of there by 10pm, and the show ended at like 10:30). I did somehow manage to get video of almost all of their set, but I can tell you they're really crappy because I was getting destroyed in the middle of that crowd :), but the audio should be excellent. After they finished, Jamie from TWLOHA asked everyone wearing TWLOHA shirts to gather around him for a group pic. I'm somewhere in the front of that pic :) Hope to see it up on their myspace soooon.

So Rachna, sorry I wasn't able to talk to Nate, and I also wanted to talk to Stephen about Anchor & Braille, but I guess I'll have to wait for another show in a smaller venue.

Okay, I think I need a shower. :)

• 2 weeks later...