Anberlin

benzzz

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So finally the videos are uploaded. The video quality isn't that great, but the audio is good. Please forgive the shakiness. I was getting smashed down there, especially during Paper Thin Hymn :) And the fin video still gives me chills. Most amazing song experience. Comments on youtube pleease!

Here are a few:

Never Take Friendship Personal

Paper Thin Hymn

The Unwinding Cable Car

Godspeed

*fin Encore (SO AWESOME)

And here is the entire setlist,

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D29C9614ED3B08A4

Gah, every time I watch the Paper Thin Hymn vid, right around the 1:45 mark when Deon raises his guitar in the air, I wish I could rewind back to that night and be there again lol That was incredible.

edit: bah that sucks the Almost isn't playing. I'm unfortunately going to miss the Paramore show here on the 23rd, too. :(

Thanks Allie :) And I'm sure you'll get a chance soon.

woo woo party.

On a more serious note, I took this from Stephen Christian's blog. It's a great little story and I thought I should share this with those who haven't seen it.

when a scorpion stings your hand.

there once was a hindu holy man who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. he decided to save it by stretching out his finger. but the scorpion stung him. the man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again. a man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. but the holy man said, "it is the nature of the scorpion to sting. it is my nature my love. why should i give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"

it should be our nature to love regardless of who we are, regardless of what has been done to us. its hard. i know. trust me. people are always going to sting you. they are going to rip into your character. they are going to be the ones in the platform telling you that your views are wrong. they are going to be in the pulpits pointing fingers in judgement. they are going to be the ones who hold your whole race responsible for the actions of one person's actions.

but that doesn't give you the right to despise; for hate for those who hate is still hate. in spite of those who may sting you remain in what you know to be your nature. love.

Thanks Allie :) And I'm sure you'll get a chance soon.

woo woo party.

On a more serious note, I took this from Stephen Christian's blog. It's a great little story and I thought I should share this with those who haven't seen it.

when a scorpion stings your hand.

there once was a hindu holy man who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. he decided to save it by stretching out his finger. but the scorpion stung him. the man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again. a man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him. but the holy man said, "it is the nature of the scorpion to sting. it is my nature my love. why should i give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"

it should be our nature to love regardless of who we are, regardless of what has been done to us. its hard. i know. trust me. people are always going to sting you. they are going to rip into your character. they are going to be the ones in the platform telling you that your views are wrong. they are going to be in the pulpits pointing fingers in judgement. they are going to be the ones who hold your whole race responsible for the actions of one person's actions.

but that doesn't give you the right to despise; for hate for those who hate is still hate. in spite of those who may sting you remain in what you know to be your nature. love.

thats beautiful

<3

EDIT: i wanna like, make them shirts. except i wouldn't know what to put on one for Deon, Christian, or Joey. KNate's would say BAD AWESOME, and Stephen's would say COOL BREEZE. hehe

i love it! great idea and those are perfect for knate and stephen... i'll be thinking of ideas for the others and let you know if i come up with any. they're all so amazing.

i love it! great idea and those are perfect for knate and stephen... i'll be thinking of ideas for the others and let you know if i come up with any. they're all so amazing.

ahh sweet! maybe i can make em for warped. haha

OMGOMGOMG!

They're gonna be IN the JUNE AP!! Not on the cover, but there's a feature. TAI will be on the cover. It's not the one that's out right now, with Saoboys on the cover, but the next one. LOOK OUT FOR IT! here's what it looks like::

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=231031