Last.fm

thebrowncoat

Ok, since it's showing up in everyone's sigs now...and we have a Paramore group, who's on it? Might as well add some friends to my list since I've started using it...and feel free to add me as well - I'm thebrowncoat, of course :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is it exactly?

Basically, it tracks and publishes every song you play on your computer or iPod...well, it'll do your iPod if you install iSproggler, like I did...

Anyway, it's just a way to show other people what you're playing and tally up what you're playing in charts and stuff...it's pretty nifty.

i loveeeee last.fm

http://www.last.fm/user/ashhh

I love it now that I've finally got a program that makes it work with my iPod, since I listen to music on there way more than through my PC...one of them wasn't grabbing all the tracks, but I just downloaded iSproggler yesterday and it works perfectly :)

And I added you, of course :)

wait' date=' you can get stats from your ipod too? like, when it's not connected or anything? if so, that's amazing. :)

and i'll add you right now as well. :D[/quote']

No, you have to connect it and sync it up to get the stats to transfer...but still, that's better than it used to be...that's part of the reason I stopped using Audioscrobbler before - I listen to pretty much all of my music on my iPod and there wasn't a program that would transfer those tracks after you synced (the regular audioscrobbler program will just ignore them), so it seemed kind of pointless...

That's why I reset my stats when I started using it again this time...my old stats were ridiculous...they basically represented the very small # of songs I listened to on my computer at home and they were just wacky...although I kind of wish I hadn't reset it now anyway...oh well...I think I got rid of like 100 songs, so it's not that big a deal...I didn't use it long the last time I used it.

Anyway, iSproggler works great, so I'm happy. Although that jscrob program or whatever they call it that they hype on the downloads page doesn't work right - it only transferred some of the tracks I play...but I went to the last page of the thread and found out about this iSproggler program and it works perfectly.

wheres a page to find different umm tracker sigs?

Go to your user page and then click on the "for your site" link or the "put this on your website/blog" link...then select messageboard in the wizard and you're off...

I was asking cause I haven't seen yours before. XD

Yeah, it took me awhile to find this one and I'm still not thrilled with it. I wanted something that would show 10 songs, but wasn't huge and this one fit the bill.