New LJ post - 9th April

[ mood | mellow ]

[ music | Life is hard enough - Have Heart ]

well hello...

sorry it's been a minute since we've updated. we're a week into the Jimmy Eat World tour and so far, it's been one of the most enjoyable and relaxing US tours we've been on. the shows have been beyond ridiculous... i can't believe some of the rooms we're playing. not to mention, sharing the stage with JEW and Dear and the Headlights is so much fun. we owe it to you guys. this is a tour we've dreamt about since we started playing shows; before we were even Paramore. so, thank you for getting us here.

i needed to post this story back in March, but i kept putting it off and forgetting... i got a package in the mail the other day from Tooth and Nail Records. i knew i hadn't ordered anything from them, so it was a little weird. i opened the package to find a mewithoutYou vinyl, with a demo of Nice and Blue pt. 2 on it. so, obviously i was stoked... but i still didn't really understand. then i noticed all over both sides of the sleeve were hand written messages from Mike and Aaron Weiss (guitar player and singer, respectively). now, they are one of my favorite bands... so i freaked out a little. i've met them a couple times and had great conversation but this was just on a whole different level. Aaron's message to me was revolving around the difficult time our band was having out on the road and the short break we were taking. without going into too much detail cause i believe it to be a little personal, he talked about the fact that it is a beautiful thing to struggle as a Christian. to be purified like gold in a fire. i know most of you don't share the same faith as us, but i still wanted to share that story. because maybe you can find your own meaning in it. Aaron also said that he'd been told about our situation through a friend named Monika, someone who i'm pretty sure is an active member on the LJ community. when i opened the sleeve, i found a letter from Monika... and when i read it i wanted to cry. She had ordered the vinyl for herself and when she heard about what was going on with the band she sent it to me to lift my spirits. even though she really wanted to hear the demo and she loves mwY.... probably even more than I do haha. i was extremely humbled by that. i still haven't thanked you personally, Monika, but that was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

our fans rule. it's not even about the shows or how loud you guys can scream from the crowd. it's a connection. one that i don't see too often with bands in our scene. here's to the dream tour.

i must find a t-mobile store. my scenekick is jacked up. see you tonight!

hayley