an unopened letter to the world.

laura.RIOT!

dear ______,

i love you. always.

-rachel <3

dear emma,

i got told about the texts. if you wanna refer to me as "a stupid italian prick" (or something like that), be careful who you let carry your phone. stop pretending to like me, you might as well tell me that you hate me. frankly, I COULDN'T GIVE A SHIT. i don't want to speak to you ever again. you hate that you've found someone who disagrees with you, someone who isn't prepared to smoke weed to look cool, someone who argues back and doesn't step back down. i don't want to speak to you anymore. you're a disgrace. bye.

-rachel.

dear person,

I hope my annoying friends don't ruin my chances. I hope you know they're overreacting and making it a bigger deal than it actually is. I don't want them to mess anything up for me. I wish they would listen to me and stop when i tell them to. They love not believing me and blowing this way out of the water

- Catie

dear writing professor,

Please see the huge improvement and work i've put into revising this paper. i think i did a pretty good job fixing it up and i hope you think so as well.

- catie

Dear Internet,

Why yesterday you did not work? I had a very hard day, I wanted to rest, and communicate with my friends on the Internet. Why did you do that? I don't have the time right now, but you are working.

With sadness, Nastya

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dear life,

why are you so routine lately? class then work then my job then boyfriend/friends then sleep then the same thing all over again.... become exciting soon, thanks

- Catie

• 1 month later...

Dear Snow,

Please don't fall today, at least not while I'm out. If you do, I shall be very grumpy and will have to trot back home. Although I like the idea of staying at home and playing in the snow on The Sims only, I think my friends will be mad if I don't join them.

Behave yourself, just this once.

Child that was ever-so-grateful when you caused my sixth form to close.

• 3 weeks later...

dear _____,

you're an asshole, i'm not sad to see you go. don't even think i'm "pathetic", because what you did today wasn't the only reason i'm pissed at you. there's a number of reasons. but eh, i felt lonely already (not that you've noticed), and you made it worse. so thanks for that, asshole. now i've got no one left. why don't you throw some more shit at me, just to see how much i can stand?

-rachel.

Dear ___,

It would be great if you actually showed you care, miss me, or appreciate me because I definitely do not feel that way. Granted we haven't seen each other since we've been home from school but it would be nice to just maybe have a phone call once in a while or a text letting me know what I mean to you. I thought I was important to you..... you sure have a bad way of showing it.

- Catie

dear ___,

you have no right to tell me what to do, and why i should do it. you don't know me anymore. jeeze, you wouldn't want to go to a gig of a band i like, because you'd hate it. you're just guessing who i am nowadays, and quite frankly, idk who you are anymore. i'm not the kid you used to know more than over a year ago. i can go to gigs if i want, i can meet other people if i want, it's not up to you. one day you're going to have to realise that i'm growing up. and that's okay with everyone else, except you (or so it seems)

bye.

rachel.