Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Charlton 2 - 0 Swansea BOOO Was a good match by the sounds of things, Swansea should have had a penalty and were an even match for Charlton. Shame Monk got sent off for us.

Btw, anyone see Jeff Stelling on Sky? Hilarious dancing :rotfl:

Newcastle actually won a pre-season game so Valencia must be piss poor.

What?! This cannot be true...

*checks*

It is true :uhh: Ahh, a late goal that explains it ;-)

But don't forget, they beat Hartlepool 4-1 so second pre-season win :lol:

What?! This cannot be true...

*checks*

It is true :uhh: Ahh, a late goal that explains it ;-)

But don't forget, they beat Hartlepool 4-1 so second pre-season win :lol:

Haha true they got lucky :rotfl:

I'm so down on Newcastle at the moment as were just getting fucked around so much! Hurry up and sell the bloody club already so someone will put money into us.

Falkirk 0 -1 Rangers.

:D:D:D:D

I still wouldnt be impressed from what i saw, Although 3 points IS 3 points.

We were beat 3-2. Hearts a bunch of diving cunts, I actually hate them. And for that diving cunt Mikolijunas to score the winner just 30 seconds after we equalised. eugh

We actually need to sort our defence out so badly. Its a total joke!

Haha true they got lucky :rotfl:

I'm so down on Newcastle at the moment as were just getting fucked around so much! Hurry up and sell the bloody club already so someone will put money into us.

Well £10m is the reported fee they're paying for Coloccini and Ashley says he will back Keegan and give him money :???:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3954666,00.html

Well £10m is the reported fee they're paying for Coloccini and Ashley says he will back Keegan and give him money :???:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3954666,00.html

Can you see it happening though???

He doesn't seem the type to spend money and seems like he is just waiting for the club to pick up before he flogs us. I just have no faith and am going to stick a few quid on man utd hammering us on the 1st game :(

Can you see it happening though???

He doesn't seem the type to spend money and seems like he is just waiting for the club to pick up before he flogs us. I just have no faith and am going to stick a few quid on man utd hammering us on the 1st game :(

Nah it probably won't happen, but I'm always optimistic...

"This year we'll win something" :rotfl:

Nah it probably won't happen, but I'm always optimistic...

"This year we'll win something" :rotfl:

Haha well it's good to have hope :rotfl:

Hate to say it but I think relegation would be good for us I mean it worked for the boro and the mackems when they went back to being nowt.....they had to earn their promotion and it give them more strength/heart.

What I don't understand about Newcastle is that they say that they want to be among the best, but why do they then buy players that wouldn't even be on the bench in clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Furthermore they buy the trash that these clubs can't use. Alan Smith, Nick Butt etc.

Oh actually I've heard that its difficult to attract players to Newcastle because of the weather :)

LOLZOMFGWHATTHEFUCK I CANT BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED

It was the last two minutes and my favourite French team was loosing 3-2. And then, my team scores !!! in the last two minutes 3-3, then the other team scores in the last seconds !!! I was like "whaat ?? Noooo ???" ! And then 4-4 !!! They scored in 30 seconds !!! "Yaaaaay" !!!

This was so crazy !! XD

I love football ! :D

What I don't understand about Newcastle is that they say that they want to be among the best, but why do they then buy players that wouldn't even be on the bench in clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool. Furthermore they buy the trash that these clubs can't use. Alan Smith, Nick Butt etc.

Oh actually I've heard that its difficult to attract players to Newcastle because of the weather :)

Hey now I like Alan Smith and have a lot of time for him as he is a real footballer. He goes for the difficult tackles and isn't affriad to get hurt or to hurt others which is what we need in a team that basically made up of foreign regects that like you said wouldn't even be on the bench in clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool :rotfl:

We talk a big game and want to be something BIG as we have done it before in the past but that was in a different premier league when skill was needed and not an endless supply of money.

Fyi the weather here is quite good and we don't ever get enough rain now :crybad:

Chelsea has the biggest budget thanks to Roman Abramovich, they didn't won last year's Premier League tho. :roll:

And?

They have won enough by over using money and buying foreign imports :roll:.

We need to have a limit like we used to and have only so many foreigners on any team at one time as they are just running the English game and it's preventing young talent from coming through.

Hey now I like Alan Smith and have a lot of time for him as he is a real footballer. He goes for the difficult tackles and isn't affriad to get hurt or to hurt others which is what we need in a team that basically made up of foreign regects that like you said wouldn't even be on the bench in clubs like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Liverpool :rotfl:

We talk a big game and want to be something BIG as we have done it before in the past but that was in a different premier league when skill was needed and not an endless supply of money.

Fyi the weather here is quite good and we don't ever get enough rain now :crybad:

And?

They have won enough by over using money and buying foreign imports :roll:.

We need to have a limit like we used to and have only so many foreigners on any team at one time as they are just running the English game and it's preventing young talent from coming through.

It's not because I have something against Smith (he has the right attitude) but if want to be a top 4 team he isn't good enough. And I like rain too but many people apparently don't.

To the last part. Sepp Blatter actually wants make a limit on foreigns on teams and he also wants to protect the clubs that are actually developing young talents. Cause now we see many English clubs buys the players that Spanish and Italian clubs have developed. Furthermore I don't like that some rich man can just be a club and then the club is among the best like it happened to Chelsea. Just take the Ronaldinho transfer. A club like Manchester City were able to pay more for Ronaldinho than AC Milan. So yeah I think it's going in the wrong direction.

Rangers are rated the 2nd best team in the world in the new rankings by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics. The Ibrox club are lsited just behind European champions Manchester United. Gers' run to the UEFA Cup final lifted them up 2 places from No. 4. Chelsea are 3rd and Bayern Munich and Barcelona make up the rest of the top five. Celtic drop 2 places to 52. Haha.

I'm not keen on Smith to be honest, but I do like Butt. He puts a strong tackle in nearly every time, and never pulls out of a challenge.

But I do see what you mean about having crappy players, but then we do have some very good players. Martins, although unpredictable is a quality player (constantly linked with Arsenal) and Owen is still a good player. Given is one of the best 'keepers in England, and then you've got Duff, Milner and N'Zogbia - all good talented, young(ish) wingers.

I don't see Newcastle breaking into the top four though. I think we should aim for 8th place. I see the top four, being the usual top four, Tottenham 5th, Portsmouth 6th and then a battle between Villa, Everton, Newcastle, Blackburn for the rest of the top half places.

Ooh, also thought I'd mention Newcastle have 3rd biggest stadium too ;-) Behind Man Utd & Arsenal.

It goes to penalties..

and portsmouth miss the first one! -_-

Tevez makes it 1-0 :(

Defoe Equalizes. 1-1 :)

Giggs makes it 2-1 :(

Mvuemba mises!! :(

Carrick makes it 3-1...*sigh*

and the most ridiculous footballer in england Glen johnson misses. I knew he was missing that, He's crap!

Man United win!