Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

Monkee you actually rate Martins as a player? :-o

Your more than right about Given but i've got the feeling he is getting the hump with the team.

He's hit and miss a lot of the time, but when he's in form he scores awesome goals... sometimes :shifty:

:rotfl:

Im a fan of Milner.

How do you stand on the Joey Barton situation?

Milner is a great player.

Barton I thought was crap last season. I instantly thought "get rid of him" after the jail sentence. I think he'll be gone in a year's time anyway. Too much competition for him in midfield and he won't be in the first team, or he'll get into a fight with someone again.

To quote Miss Hayley Williams: "Second chances they don't ever matter, people never change" ;-)

Edit: Just seen this Newcastle season preview on the Sky Sports site...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3910325,00.html

So only a day or two until Newcastle play Man Utd......got my bet in for Man Utd 2-1

Yeah 2-1 I think too. It'll be an important game for Smith imo, since he got booed by the fans against Valencia. If he scored against Man Utd, that'd make the Newcastle fans happy I'm sure :lol:

Yeah 2-1 I think too. It'll be an important game for Smith imo, since he got booed by the fans against Valencia. If he scored against Man Utd, that'd make the Newcastle fans happy I'm sure :lol:

Make me happy that's for sure!!!

I got my home shirt on it's way from China (so it's bound to be fake) but i'm slowly cheering up for the upcoming season.

Btw how ugly is the away shirt :???:

Rangers signed Pedro Mendes today, Good purchase!

We play Aberdeen tomorrow, Quite fancy 2-0 to Motherwell!

Apparently we're in for a 6 month loan deal for Andy Webster, Trying to get Dave Mackay from Livingston, and sign John Sutton on a free!

Did someone see the game Standard Liège - Liverpool ?

It was a great game from Standard, they dominated Liverpool during all the match, they were as good offensively as defensively. Liverpool didn't get a shot at the target, their most dangerous action was a direct free-kick from Gerrard that he shot above the target ... Standard touched the goal post once, had many other actions and even got a penalty ! That Reina stopped ... The crowd was awesome too, It's been a long time since I saw such an atmosphere in a stadium !

The match ended with a 0-0, but Standard deserved at least 1-0 seriously ...

Too bad they missed the penalty ! It was their best chance to win.

Make me happy that's for sure!!!

I got my home shirt on it's way from China (so it's bound to be fake) but i'm slowly cheering up for the upcoming season.

Btw how ugly is the away shirt :???:

I was thinking of getting a new home shirt (since my old NTL one is too small now :lol:) and it's something like £45 on the NUFC site :shock:

The away shirt? The dark blue one? Or the light blue one? Can't be any worse than the blue/green/orange or maroon/blue ones from the 95/96 season lol

Newcastle are selling Faye and Ameobi, but Keegan says Milner is staying =D

Did someone see the game Standard Liège - Liverpool ?

It was a great game from Standard, they dominated Liverpool during all the match, they were as good offensively as defensively. Liverpool didn't get a shot at the target, their most dangerous action was a direct free-kick from Gerrard that he shot above the target ... Standard touched the goal post once, had many other actions and even got a penalty ! That Reina stopped ... The crowd was awesome too, It's been a long time since I saw such an atmosphere in a stadium !

The match ended with a 0-0, but Standard deserved at least 1-0 seriously ...

Too bad they missed the penalty ! It was their best chance to win.

I missed that, didn't realise it was on TV. But I did laugh when I saw the result. Not a Liverpool fan me. Nope.

I was thinking of getting a new home shirt (since my old NTL one is too small now :lol:) and it's something like £45 on the NUFC site :shock:

The away shirt? The dark blue one? Or the light blue one? Can't be any worse than the blue/green/orange or maroon/blue ones from the 95/96 season lol

Newcastle are selling Faye and Ameobi, but Keegan says Milner is staying =D

Oh thank fuck!!! I'll give Ameobi the money to get out of Newcastle the gangly legged useless nonce!!!

Martins next please please please.

I see we signed that one with the curly hair that looks like Terry Mac from the 70's :D

Btw

regular_2008newcastleawayshirtl.jpg