Fight Club

XslightaddictionX

"Thematically, the film was intended to represent the conflict between a generation of young people and the value system of advertising. The film's use of violence in the fight clubs was intended to serve as a metaphor for feeling based on the generation's conflict."

For sure.

Yeah Norton's character was living such a boring life, he was doing things he didn't want to do, but he thinks he has to do those things to make "his life complete" He decides to make an alter ego, Tyler Durden to make himself feel better. Tyler was Norton's character's provocative and careless side. They make a Fight Club for people that were like Norton's character and yada, yada... on to project mayhem. Project Mayhem's mission was to blow up credit buildings to destory everyone's credit records, so everyone's debt would be back to zero. Norton's character realizes that him and Tyler were the same person. To get rid of his alter ego, he had to kill himself, he did but his alter ego died not him.

I skipped around parts. :) I'm not good at recalling stories/movies

Yeah Norton's character was living such a boring life, he was doing things he didn't want to do, but he thinks he has to do those things to make "his life complete" He decides to make an alter ego, Tyler Durden to make himself feel better. Tyler was Norton's character's provocative and careless side. They make a Fight Club for people that were like Norton's character and yada, yada... on to project mayhem. Project Mayhem's mission was to blow up credit buildings to destory everyone's credit records, so everyone's debt would be back to zero. Norton's character realizes that him and Tyler were the same person. To get rid of his alter ego, he had to kill himself, he did but his alter ego died not him.

I skipped around parts. :) I'm not good at recalling stories/movies

well he doesnt really decide to create tyler, it just sort of happens because he doesnt realize that hes tyler til later. Tyler basically takes over nortons character while he sleeps and when nortons awake he imagines himself watching tyler when really its him all along.

• 2 weeks later...
i'm reading the book right now. i want to finish it before i watch the movie. i feel as though i'm the only person in the world who has never seen it, haha.

I've never 'seen' it either. I've watched the full thing in like 3 bits though, but I've never sat down and watched it straight.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...