metallica, afi

jchurch004

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.. see they arent an angry band tho.. they just so instrumantally sound and the lyrics are absolutely insane.. they will always be my favorite band.. ive been listening to them since i was like 3 lol.. but afi is definitely right up there too.. davey havok is absolutely amazing.. i dont listen to music to get angry.. all music calms me down no matter what the type.. i usually go for rap in the am when i wake up to get me dancing and awake lol and then from there who knows what the hell ill pick.. i like too much..

A Fire Inside are total kiddy goth punk.

Waste of time, like.

I used to be big into Metallica back in the day. They were the first 2 concerts I ever went to. Nowadays, I find them boring and dated. Megadeth were alway the more fun band in that rivalry. But for some real thrash metal, get a bit of Annihilator into ya. One of the better things Canada produced.

nah man.. no way.. kiddy punk, lol?? have u checked out the lyrics lately.. and have u heard their style?? well they dont even have style really, its so random and crazy.. their earlier shit was basically like 80's punk, but once they hit totalimmortal it was all over..

and megadeth, dave mustaine is a piece of shit compared to hetfield.. and hammett rips him apart as well.. not to mention they had probably the best bassist ever in cliff burton.. oh yea and lars, still havent heard true double bass and drum beats as good as his.. annhialator is alright, but i would much rather listen to trivium or children of bodom.. those two bands tear them apart..

of course i also understand that all music is just people's opinion lol, so i wont take this too far, itd be pointless.. im just saying, afi is definitely not even true punk.. they blend so many different genres together.. and metallica... i mean there aint much else to say.. ive seen em 3 times and every time i almost cried thats how intense they played.. saw em back in the day as well as twice in the last 4 years and they are as strong as ever.. i mean come on a band that rocks hard for 2 and a half hours, are you serious??

i grew up with metal.. my parents were freaks i guess lol.. but yea i love all music.. everything, no joke lol..

haha, that's kewl.

yeah, i listen to everything aswell. just not really like .. rap & shit.

eminem's kewl tho, haha.

anyway yeah, i'm kinda the same. =]

i grew up with metal.. my parents were freaks i guess lol.. but yea i love all music.. everything' date=' no joke lol..[/quote']

haha, that's kewl.

yeah, i listen to everything aswell. just not really like .. rap & shit.

eminem's kewl tho, haha.

anyway yeah, i'm kinda the same. =]

haha i agree same here. idk why i like eminem but i do lol. i dont like any other rappers tho. not my thang hehe

yea but 50's first cd is very nasty, i def agree his 2nd cd is catchy at best.. def not good like his first.. it was full of anger and pain and the lyrics were incredible.. eminem is just above and beyond the competition in rap.. his rhymes are absolutely amazing and the way he structures his shit is incredible.. if u want really good rap tho i suggest bone thugz n harmony.. they are incredible.. ive been listening to them alot lately.. theyre just so fast and talented.. 2pac still dominates in my book tho.. he is a legend and no rapper will ever touch him..

enough of rap tho.. i love it but its not my true roots if u know what im saying.. i just love the music.. :D plus it puts me in a greatt mood and wakes me up..

well alot of my music not many on here would like..

like i said before me liking paramore is very weird, but what can i say i love them.. my friends think im crazy, that and they think im just in love with hayley.. which i am, but i also just cannot stop listening to their music.. instantly classic..

but yea as for bone thugz, right now on my myspace i have a bone thugz video, a live paramore video and a live afi video.. u guys should check it out.. especially for those who like rap and have never heard bne thugz.. theyre quite good i think..

yea but 50's first cd is very nasty' date=' i def agree his 2nd cd is catchy at best.. def not good like his first.. it was full of anger and pain and the lyrics were incredible.. eminem is just above and beyond the competition in rap.. his rhymes are absolutely amazing and the way he structures his shit is incredible.. if u want really good rap tho i suggest bone thugz n harmony.. they are incredible.. ive been listening to them alot lately.. theyre just so fast and talented.. 2pac still dominates in my book tho.. he is a legend and no rapper will ever touch him..

enough of rap tho.. i love it but its not my true roots if u know what im saying.. i just love the music.. :D plus it puts me in a greatt mood and wakes me up..[/quote']

i agree

hey yea joe pie.. considering ive been listening to music since i was like in the stomach.. lol.. my mom and dad both listen to everything from grank funk railroad to garth brooks, to metallica to 2pac, to new pop to new punk, to sex pistols to the beatles, to led zeppelin to the bee gees, to to to to to to.. the list goes on and on.. i listen to all new underground shit around the local scene as well as outside scenes.. thats why all i do is listen to music.. thats why my media player has over 20,000 songs.. i cant get enough man.. i buy CD's by the dozen every week just to test the bands out.. u have no idea what i listen too.. but there is a reason why certian bands are famous and others are not.. and that is because they in most cases are better..

by the way i dont remember saying that little quote u put up.. lol, isnt that some sort of like fake plagiarism lol.. almost got me tho i guess.. look man just cuz i listen to everything under God's green earth dont mean i suck at listening to music.. excuse me, but im pretty sure i am on this board for a reason.. oh yea we all love Paramore..

lol i didnt mean to sound mad, cuz im not really.. its just how can argue about music.. lol, its really a persons opinion and it basically defines them as an individual.. just because i like basically anything i hear doesnt make me any less of a music lover.. in fact it makes me a whole lot more.. i treat music as probably one of the most important 3 things in my life.. thats nuts, cuz i dont even play.. im sorry for letting this one get out of hand, i suppose the topic should just be dropped.. of course i shouldve expected this when i brought up one of the founders of true metal music (not led zeppelin or black sabbath metal - not metal in my book) and one of the most out-there bands that really consist of many different genres.. w/e lol..

this is still an opinion board right?? :D

hey yea joe pie.. considering ive been listening to music since i was like in the stomach.. lol.. my mom and dad both listen to everything from grank funk railroad to garth brooks, to metallica to 2pac, to new pop to new punk, to sex pistols to the beatles, to led zeppelin to the bee gees, to to to to to to.. the list goes on and on..

I never said anything about what you listen to. I just don't like it when people give such massive praise to bands that don't need it.

i listen to all new underground shit around the local scene as well as outside scenes.. thats why all i do is listen to music..

Thats grand.

thats why my media player has over 20,000 songs.. i cant get enough man..

Just because you have bizillions of songs doesn't mean you listen to all of it. I used to put CD's onto my computer purely for the sake of trying to have a high song count. I listened to everything at least once. But I didn't like a lot of it. So I got rid of it.

i buy CD's by the dozen every week just to test the bands out.. u have no idea what i listen too.. but there is a reason why certian bands are famous and others are not.. and that is because they in most cases are better..

I buy CD's from bands I've never heard of either. Not as easy in Ireland without ordering them in for high prices, but I do it when I can. I don't know what you listen to. I'll I'm saying is there are enough forums out there with enough threads about generic bands. Give us a thread for something new. Something we might never have heard. Help out the scene, like. I'm sure most of the bands I've started threads on are, for the most part, unheard of. Except Alien Ant Farm. But they're just deadly.

by the way i dont remember saying that little quote u put up.. lol, isnt that some sort of like fake plagiarism lol.. almost got me tho i guess..

In my eyes, quotes are there to be rephrased. And its fun.

look man just cuz i listen to everything under God's green earth dont mean i suck at listening to music.. excuse me, but im pretty sure i am on this board for a reason.. oh yea we all love Paramore..

Listen to what you want. I'm not gonna stop you. Just don't be in love with all the regulars because they're the most accessible. Like Paramore. Definately not one of the biggest bands on the planet. Hard to find their stuff. But I made the effort to get some of the less common things.

*fart*