Paramore in Rock SOund

Airen

i was in ireland last week and found the latest issue of rock sound and was super psyched when i found this this article on paramore in the exposure section!!! they were really positive about the band and its future. i cant post it though cuz i dont have a scanner :( sorry!

ah the picture was really crappy so i'll just type the text. the photo they had of them was a really common one so your not missing anything as far as layout goes :

Paramore: The Undying Dream

By: Andrew Kelham

Vocalist Hayley Williams is a natural focal point for Paramore. It's her feminine and lilting tone that sits atop a comtemporary medium-paced American indie rock backbone that many would foolishly term 'emo'. It is the subtlety of William's delivery that is alluring; sung with a wide-eyed innocence, her sugary sonnets belie a mature, confident and poised take on the struggles of adolescence, of croken hearts, broken promises and broken homes.

"I would like to think that me and my vocal delivery is not the only thing that sets this band apart," notes the singer. "But I think that me fronting the band does help differentiate us from other bands around." Differentiate it does, but the interest and attention generated by Hayley's saccharine and sanguine singing has been the cause of difficulty and negativity for this emerging band.

"it was harder in the beginning as I played some studio," she says. "In fact our first T-shirt we printed said, "Paramore is a Band" on it just to get that fact across. We have struggled with the perception of this band jsut being me and I have definitnely got to the point where I questioned whether I was even in a band anymore because I started to believe some of the things people were writing about me. I had to stop believing all that and remember that I am in an incredibly talented band. I try to relate that in every song we write and every interview we do."

And this she does with great poise. Take for example the fact that every song written by paramore and delivered by Hayley is done so without the third person use of gender and demarcation of sex within the story and song.

"I did that on purpose," she explains. "There were a lot of bands that were getting popular because they were singing about being girls; I didn't wan us to do something that obvious. The songs I first wrote with the band were about a guy, but I wanted everyone to relate to the emotions and events in them."

She's definitely succeeded in that sense; be it the girls that Hayley inspires as she leads the band onstage, or the guys who nightly confess their undying love to the diminutive singer, what Paramore do resonates with those in the crowd, and although they are still learning their craft, their youth and exuberance puts them in a powerful position to take on whatever opportunities that may come their way.

"I think we are in a good position now," muses Williams. "We have had time to get used to touring, playing live, and being a band, and we are now ready for whatever comes next. I mean any band wants to get to the point Panic! At the Disco are at now, but they shot up so quickly and I think we have had the perfect amount of time to get used to what ever will come next. Our goal is to be where U2 are now; when you are a kid you are not afraid to dream big, we just want to dream those dreams and not let reality stand in our way of achieving them."

yay! done.

[/img]

ah the picture was really crappy so i'll just type the text. the photo they had of them was a really common one so your not missing anything as far as layout goes :

Vocalist Hayley Williams is a natural focal point for Paramore. It's her feminine and lilting tone that sits atop a comtemporary medium-paced American indie rock backbone that many would foolishly term 'emo'. It is the subtlety of William's delivery that is alluring; sung with a wide-eyed innocence' date=' her sugary sonnets belie a mature, confident and poised take on the struggles of adolescence, of croken hearts, broken promises and broken homes.

"I would like to think that me and my vocal delivery is not the only thing that sets this band apart," notes the singer. "But I think that me fronting the band does help differentiate us from other bands around." Differentiate it does, but the interest and attention generated by Hayley's saccharine and sanguine singing has been the cause of difficulty and negativity for this emerging band.

"it was harder in the beginning as I played some studio," she says. "In fact our first T-shirt we printed said, "Paramore is a Band" on it just to get that fact across. We have struggled with the perception of this band jsut being me and I have definitnely got to the point where I questioned whether I was even in a band anymore because I started to believe some of the things people were writing about me. I had to stop believing all that and remember that I am in an incredibly talented band. I try to relate that in every song we write and every interview we do."

And this she does with great poise. Take for example the fact that every song written by paramore and delivered by Hayley is done so without the third person use of gender and demarcation of sex within the story and song.

"I did that on purpose," she explains. "There were a lot of bands that were getting popular because they were singing about being girls; I didn't wan us to do something that obvious. The songs I first wrote with the band were about a guy, but I wanted everyone to relate to the emotions and events in them."

She's definitely succeeded in that sense; be it the girls that Hayley inspires as she leads the band onstage, or the guys who nightly confess their undying love to the diminutive singer, what Paramore do resonates with those in the crowd, and although they are still learning their craft, their youth and exuberance puts them in a powerful position to take on whatever opportunities that may come their way.

"I think we are in a good position now," muses Williams. "We have had time to get used to touring, playing live, and being a band, and we are now ready for whatever comes next. I mean any band wants to get to the point Panic! At the Disco are at now, but they shot up so quickly and I think we have had the perfect amount of time to get used to what ever will come next. Our goal is to be where U2 are now; when you are a kid you are not afraid to dream big, we just want to dream those dreams and not let reality stand in our way of achieving them."

yay! done.

[/img']

i think this is the best article that's ever been written about them.

thanks for posting. brent-they're talking about the shirt you want!

Vocalist Hayley Williams is a natural focal point for Paramore. It's her feminine and lilting tone that sits atop a comtemporary medium-paced American indie rock backbone that many would foolishly term 'emo'. It is the subtlety of William's delivery that is alluring; sung with a wide-eyed innocence' date=' her sugary sonnets belie a mature, confident and poised take on the struggles of adolescence, of croken hearts, broken promises and broken homes.

yay! done.

[/img']

i think this is the best article that's ever been written about them.

thanks for posting. brent-they're talking about the shirt you want!

no problem...yeah i really liked it. =D

uhmmm....you can subscribe to it...its kinda expensive to get it shipped though. i dont have a subscription i was just in ireland and picked it up. i dunno if u can backorder it...maybe? theres a definite possibility