Hayley's Voice

Atomsk

Hey all, I'm new to the forum here, so I guess a quick intro is due. I'm a pretty new fan to Paramore. I've known about them for a while now, but I was never into them until recently while watching videos on Youtube. When I saw Hayley singing, I was hooked. Paramore is incredible, and it's insane how they perform live with such precision.

So yeah, something's been bugging me lately on Youtube. The thing I most like about Paramore is watching Hayley sing live. She's a great live performer, and it's refreshing to see that her singing abilities are not studio-produced. (BTW: I'm a fan of Paramore for the whole band. All the musicians are crazy good. But I think Hayley is what tie's it together for me.)

I dunno what's going on though. It seems like a lot of her recent performances aren't at par with how she used to sing (Cause I've seen videos from previous years). Idk, I guess it seems like she's yelling/shouting/talking a lot more than singing. I keep telling myself that the constant strain of singing hard everynight on tour can get to someone as good as Hayley, but I want some reassurance from more hardcore fans. I don't want to see what hooked me on the band ruined, yaknow?

Thanks

I keep telling myself that the constant strain of singing hard everynight on tour can get to someone as good as Hayley, but I want some reassurance from more hardcore fans.

I'd have to agree with what you said here. They've been on tour for a while with a few breaks in between. But eventually, after as many shows as they've played, your voice will get the best of you until you take a good long break.

It's like a car. After 200,000 miles, you car can be two things:

1.) Really crappy if you didn't take good care of it.

or

2.) In good shape because you did your best to take care of it.

And she does take good care of her voice, like no dairy (she used to do that. I don't think she does anymore.) etc.

Josh, I can see what you mean, and I agree with what all of you guys have said.

Hayley takes really good care of her voice and knows what's not good for it, but it is inevitable that her voice is going to suffer after a lengthy tour.

Hayles is just dedicated to putting on a good performance, she won't shy away from the bigger notes :)

And she does take good care of her voice, like no dairy (she used to do that. I don't think she does anymore.) etc.

I think she does. Recently I read at a meet and greet or something someone asked if she was drinking a milkshake/eating ice cream (something like that) that was dairy and she said it was soy.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see her perform live recently? Cause she's been crazy busy on tour and i'm sure now that this is the end of the tour her voice is crying for a break! Take a look at this youtube video of her and about her singing, her voice and the fact that it can be straining!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2QNj6nJz0

Did you see her perform live recently? Cause she's been crazy busy on tour and i'm sure now that this is the end of the tour her voice is crying for a break! Take a look at this youtube video of her and about her singing, her voice and the fact that it can be straining!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2QNj6nJz0

"two weeks and my skin was flawless"

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i lol'ed so hard at that :rotfl: