Guitar Competition-Please Help Me!

ABeautifulLie

Hey Guys! :D

I have entered the dean guitars shredder search competition and was wondering if you guys would mind helping me out?.. Normally I wouldnt do this sort of thing,or at least I would be really worried about doing it lol but everyone on here seems so nice,especially compared to other band forums...but It would mean so much to me,especially me being a girl and all,as generally people dont tend to take me seriously as a musician,but I must say its been better recently!: ) lol well anyway I would be eternally grateful! :D ..It wont take long either,you just have to click on the link below and rate my video out of 11!

Thanks so much for your time (and sorry for the essay!lol) and if you vote for me, thanks also for the support, really really appreciate it! :D

http://www.deanguitars.com/shredder/viewProfile.php?id=1680

Have a wonderful day and Take Care Everyone!

Carina

xxx

Btw has anyone else here entered?..If so feel free to post here too! :D(oh and sorry if theres already a topic for this)

• Like 1

i voted 11 anyway, since i want you to win, just something to consider i guess.

aww thanks very much! you are very kind!:D Yeah it is something to consider and i appreciate your honesty,tis good for self improvement and tbh I do agree that it could have flowed better and i think i could have done better,but im happy to just say i entered really, tis a personal achievement! (sorry for such a long reply lol)

I'm gonna be honest, that wasn't very good. I'll rate it to help, but random tapping and sliding with a bit of trem picking isn't "shredding".

But keep at it, practise makes perfect

(Before anyone flames me, it was constructive criticism)

Thanks anyway for helping me out despite not liking it :D, and really i do appreciate your honesty and constructive criticism,and yeah at least it is constructive,thats the sort of criticism i like to get! lol..but as far as shredding goes i think its down to the definition of the individual..my definition is generally fast playing and incorporating different techniques and such,but perhaps I could have done a more obvious shreddier video! lol..Well thanks for the encouragement, i will indeed keep at it! :D

aww thanks very much! you are very kind!:D Yeah it is something to consider and i appreciate your honesty,tis good for self improvement and tbh I do agree that it could have flowed better and i think i could have done better,but im happy to just say i entered really, tis a personal achievement! (sorry for such a long reply lol)

i think you need to get your licks down, and then work out which ones work in a series, then you can just devise something rather than just putting a load of different things in, i personally would rather play something thats less impressive/skillful that sounds great.

Try focusing on melody rather than speed. I know it's a "shred" contest, but thins like sweep picking and legato can be used to achieve fluency and melody, which will compensate for the slight lack of super speed. Look at Deans endorsees- people like Dimebag and Jerry Cantrell could/can both play fucking fast, but their use of melody is what sets them apart from other players. DONT listen to Micheal Angelo Batio, he's a joke.

yeah, tis a good idea that, focusing on the melody rather than speed! :D I love Jerry cantrell and indeed you are right their use of melody is what sets them apart from other guitarists. haha! Thanks for the warning!But yeah i dont really anyway, i mean hes talented and all but Im not a big fan of his style myself!..My fave guitarists are John Petrucci and Paul gilbert! You a fan of them?!..Thanks again for the advice/tips/feedback ect! much appreciated! :D

yeah, tis a good idea that, focusing on the melody rather than speed! :D I love Jerry cantrell and indeed you are right their use of melody is what sets them apart from other guitarists. haha! Thanks for the warning!But yeah i dont really anyway, i mean hes talented and all but Im not a big fan of his style myself!..My fave guitarists are John Petrucci and Paul gilbert! You a fan of them?!..Thanks again for the advice/tips/feedback ect! much appreciated! :D

john petrucci, safe.

my facvourite guitarists are tom morrello, brian may, jimmy paige, angus young, slash, buckethead, MAB, john pretrucci, santana, tom delonge, frank iero, herman li. hell i cant be fucked to write them all down :D