David Cook

cool kids

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

He's amazing, his voice is like WOW!!!!! His new album is totally him!! If u listen to his pre-Idol stuff(there's TONS) you'll hear that he's stayed true to his own sound. He's an amazing writer too. Permanent = beautiful, it's about his brother Adam who is terminally ill, makes me cry every time lol!

and for the record, AI can produce credible artists that write their own music and are VERY talented ;)

He's amazing, his voice is like WOW!!!!! His new album is totally him!! If u listen to his pre-Idol stuff(there's TONS) you'll hear that he's stayed true to his own sound. He's an amazing writer too. Permanent = beautiful, it's about his brother Adam who is terminally ill, makes me cry every time lol!

and for the record, AI can produce credible artists that write their own music and are VERY talented ;)

well technically he only co-wrote 9 of the 13 songs on his album but thats still pretty good.

I just got his album and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I think "Light On" really got me, because I didn't like the first song he put out at all, just because it sounds like every other "omg I just won american idol" song out there, but I really liked light on so I took a chance and bought the cd. I approve. The fact that he did cowrite a lot of the songs is good too, I like that. Overall, I'm impressed. I need to get David Archuleta's album now haha. There is some good pop out there, don't deny it.

And by the way, where can I find DC's pre-idol music?

well technically he only co-wrote 9 of the 13 songs on his album but thats still pretty good.

yeah on his new album. but Analog heart(his pre idol solo album) he wrote all of, aswell as the stuff with his bands Axium and the Midwest kings, he wrote all of that material. Obviously after winning idol he would have to comprimise and have songs from well known hit maker songwriters, that's just the deal with winning idol. and anyways, even if he didn't write all of the songs that doesn't matter because at least he's turned them into songs that mean something to him, so that's cool:wink:

I just got his album and the more I listen to it the more I like it. I think "Light On" really got me, because I didn't like the first song he put out at all, just because it sounds like every other "omg I just won american idol" song out there, but I really liked light on so I took a chance and bought the cd. I approve. The fact that he did cowrite a lot of the songs is good too, I like that. Overall, I'm impressed. I need to get David Archuleta's album now haha. There is some good pop out there, don't deny it.

And by the way, where can I find DC's pre-idol music?

You can either try to download them from the net (cause i dont think u can buy any of it now) or if ya don't wanna waste time doing that I can send u his stuff, I have pretty much all of it :)

• 2 weeks later...
i realy dont like his new song(seriously)

but i do like his queen medley song..

you know the one that he sang in a.i.

the one w/ the song we will rock you and we are the champion..

that versio0n is really pleasant to my earssss....:D

Wasn't it Michael Johns that did that?? Or am I way off lol!!

Anyways, Light On isn't the greatest first single choice IMO. TBH there are ohter songs on the new album that are WAY better.

For example:

Bar Ba Sol

Declaration:

and also, Permanent (the most beautiful song, it's abaout his little brother Adam, who was terminally ill, I'm not sure if he still is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP80gxcLbZs

:mrgreen:

Wasn't it Michael Johns that did that?? Or am I way off lol!!

Anyways, Light On isn't the greatest first single choice IMO. TBH there are ohter songs on the new album that are WAY better.

For example:

Bar Ba Sol

Declaration:

and also, Permanent (the most beautiful song, it's abaout his little brother Adam, who was terminally ill, I'm not sure if he still is)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP80gxcLbZs

:mrgreen:

Agreed. Light On is definitely a weak single. He should release Bar Ba Sol next and then Permanent. Declaration would be a good choice for the next single as well but its not as strong of a single as Bar Ba Sol.

Agreed. Light On is definitely a weak single. He should release Bar Ba Sol next and then Permanent. Declaration would be a good choice for the next single as well but its not as strong of a single as Bar Ba Sol.

Yup I agree!! Bar Ba Sol is probably my fav on the album. Along with Life On The Moon. BBS would make a kick ass single :)

i glad people agree with me. light on will probably end up being my least favourite on the album. i haven't got it yet but i don't wanna listen to the whole album til i buy it. but i watched the aol sessions on youtube. bar ba sol kicks ass!

It really does!!!

And i have to say, even though LO isn't the greatest first single choice, I don't think it's the worst on the album. But different strokes for different folks I guess haha!

But yeah, you will LOVVEE the album :)

no worries. Yeah i can try that. I'll upload the media to like sendspace or something tonight, then I'll PM you the link. Is that cool with you?

:)

yeah that sounds awesome, thanks :)

I think Bar-ba-sol and Come Back to Me are my favorites. Oh, and Lie, too! I actually really like Light On, it's Time of My Life that I have a problem with lol. It's just so cheesy.