The Hockey Thread

Wildman

yeah they are pretty amazing. They had Brendan Shanahan and Steve Yzerman back when i was really into them. I don't think they even play anymore..lol.

and no problem, you got to represent!

;)

oh man they are two of my favorites.

stevie's retired, but he's still involved on the board and everything for the wings.

last i heard Shanahan was on the rangers. I'm not sure if he gets that much time in anymore

i love this team so so so much. i was raised on them

oh man they are two of my favorites.

stevie's retired, but he's still involved on the board and everything for the wings.

last i heard Shanahan was on the rangers. I'm not sure if he gets that much time in anymore

i love this team so so so much. i was raised on them

that is awesome, i really loved that man <3

and really, hmmm i'll have to check that out. Shanahan was amazing as well. Aww that sucks, he is so amazing but he's got to be getting up there in age because i remember it was like 1997 when i was obsessed with the Wings. And i'm 25 now..lol.

haha that is awesome.

and yeah and god hockey. I miss playing soooo much. Gah what i would do to be able to play again!

me too. i played when i was pretty young, and then i broke my leg. and then i kind of never started again for some reason. i played roller hockey every once in a while but i never really got back on the ice. i love it and miss it.

that is awesome, i really loved that man <3

and really, hmmm i'll have to check that out. Shanahan was amazing as well. Aww that sucks, he is so amazing but he's got to be getting up there in age because i remember it was like 1997 when i was obsessed with the Wings. And i'm 25 now..lol.

steve is one of my heroes. he's an amazing amazing person and player. to think he played for 22 years with the same team, and he was captain for 20? that's an accomplishment. he holds the record for longest serving captain of a single team.

haha shanahan i remember was a really awesome guy too. his antics off the ice were hilarious. there's a new guy the wings have (derek meech) and his number is 14. every time i see him i think he's shanahan in my head cause of his number.

i loved that 97 team (and every other haha). i was seven, so it's been a while for sure.

oh man i am so glad this thread was created. i could talk about hockey forever

yeah that is true and i couldn't skate all to well either. And when it came to stopping i could only stop using my left foot forward..lol. Not too convenient.

I cant even rollerblade... And stopping on ice skate pissed me off, I always geared towards the wall... But that's not any good help *SPLAT*

I cant even rollerblade... And stopping on ice skate pissed me off, I always geared towards the wall... But that's not any good help *SPLAT*

i can barely skate on the ice anymore. it's not pretty at all. every time i get on the ice it's like i have to start over again. i wore figure skates the last time i went with my friends, i forgot how uncomfortable they are compared to hockey skates.

i'm glad i can still rollerblade relatively well.

me too. i played when i was pretty young, and then i broke my leg. and then i kind of never started again for some reason. i played roller hockey every once in a while but i never really got back on the ice. i love it and miss it.

man that sucks :(

i don't even get to play good ol' roller hockey anymore..mainly because i have no one to play with :(

steve is one of my heroes. he's an amazing amazing person and player. to think he played for 22 years with the same team, and he was captain for 20? that's an accomplishment. he holds the record for longest serving captain of a single team.

haha shanahan i remember was a really awesome guy too. his antics off the ice were hilarious. there's a new guy the wings have (derek meech) and his number is 14. every time i see him i think he's shanahan in my head cause of his number.

i loved that 97 team (and every other haha). i was seven, so it's been a while for sure.

oh man i am so glad this thread was created. i could talk about hockey forever

yeah he was so awesome. He was definately captain material and you could tell. He seemed like an awesome guy. I always would pretend that i was him or Shanahan among others when i was playing..lol (yes i was a dork :P ) The 97 team was amazing, i still remember what i was doing when they won the cup!

aww..lol. I've busted my ass many times on the ice and well off the ice on blades as well. Not fun.

i can barely skate on the ice anymore. it's not pretty at all. every time i get on the ice it's like i have to start over again. i wore figure skates the last time i went with my friends, i forgot how uncomfortable they are compared to hockey skates.

i'm glad i can still rollerblade relatively well.

i haven't been on the ice in 5 years. I still have my skates and i need to go sometime. I know i'm going to suck bigtime and it will be like the first time again but hell, i need to do it. And figure skates, ew, not comfy AT ALL.

and i'm still good at rollerblading, though i don't do it everyday like i used to. I need to start though because it is really fun :D

yeah he was so awesome. He was definately captain material and you could tell. He seemed like an awesome guy. I always would pretend that i was him or Shanahan among others when i was playing..lol (yes i was a dork :P ) The 97 team was amazing, i still remember what i was doing when they won the cup!

aww..lol. I've busted my ass many times on the ice and well off the ice on blades as well. Not fun.

i haven't been on the ice in 5 years. I still have my skates and i need to go sometime. I know i'm going to suck bigtime and it will be like the first time again but hell, i need to do it. And figure skates, ew, not comfy AT ALL.

and i'm still good at rollerblading, though i don't do it everyday like i used to. I need to start though because it is really fun :D

oh yes. i am so glad to find another wings fan, or at least someone who knows what they're talking about. living in colorado, it's a hard thing to find and i'm usually insulted for being one haha.

oh yes. i am so glad to find another wings fan, or at least someone who knows what they're talking about. living in colorado, it's a hard thing to find and i'm usually insulted for being one haha.

:D

aww man that must suck. I'm just happy to find another hockey fan. Living here in Houston, Texas i am few and far between..lol. And i'm a girl so i'm a girl who loves hockey in houston. Try that one out for a day. But i'm lucky, my best friend loves hockey too. She's neat like that :)

:D

aww man that must suck. I'm just happy to find another hockey fan. Living here in Houston, Texas i am few and far between..lol. And i'm a girl so i'm a girl who loves hockey in houston. Try that one out for a day. But i'm lucky, my best friend loves hockey too. She's neat like that :)

haha yeah it can be frustrating sometimes. but it's not too bad now that the avs are so terrible that no one here wants to bring up hockey.

yeah, you're right: being a girl doesn't help.

it's great your friend likes hockey. one of my best friends loves it too but our favorite teams are rivals, and she's going to school in michigan so we don't get to talk hockey very often

haha yeah it can be frustrating sometimes. but it's not too bad now that the avs are so terrible that no one here wants to bring up hockey.

yeah, you're right: being a girl doesn't help.

it's great your friend likes hockey. one of my best friends loves it too but our favorite teams are rivals, and she's going to school in michigan so we don't get to talk hockey very often

haha yeah. being a girl doesn't help but i always used to kick the guys asses when i played :P;)

oh man that sucks, my friend and i love the Stars so that is good. That must not be too cool. And Michigan, my best friend and i wanted to go to the University of Michigan when we were younger. But alas we didn't.

i'm sorry that you don't get to talk hockey that often, if it makes you feel better i don't get to talk to Dina (my friend) to often in general..much less about hockey :(

haha yeah. being a girl doesn't help but i always used to kick the guys asses when i played :P;)

oh man that sucks, my friend and i love the Stars so that is good. That must not be too cool. And Michigan, my best friend and i wanted to go to the University of Michigan when we were younger. But alas we didn't.

i'm sorry that you don't get to talk hockey that often, if it makes you feel better i don't get to talk to Dina (my friend) to often in general..much less about hockey :(

haha yeah i know what you mean.

What's funny is that i'm a wings fan, and live in colorado, and she is an avs fan, and lives in michigan. crazy stuff.

yeah, i know how that goes. we don't get to talk very much at all

:P

Anyways, I was watching it one time. For the cup or whatever...Never really went out of my way to learn what all of it was about. But Hockey...The screen was basically just somewhere to place my eyes while I was thinking about the big problems in my life.

Then I caught myself watching it on purpose one time when I held full control over the remote 8-) and it's growing on me.

I just hate that I can't skate!!!

:P

Anyways, I was watching it one time. For the cup or whatever...Never really went out of my way to learn what all of it was about. But Hockey...The screen was basically just somewhere to place my eyes while I was thinking about the big problems in my life.

Then I caught myself watching it on purpose one time when I held full control over the remote 8-) and it's growing on me.

I just hate that I can't skate!!!

yay! Hockey is awesome, it actually helped me deal with my anger issues in the past..lol. I didn't kill anyone..yay for me! Seriously though it helped me to be distracted from all of the shit that was happening around me.

and just practice skating, i'm sure you can. You never know what you can do until you try and try again :mrgreen: