Coronation Street

EasyTarget

Theeere you go^

Anyway, This show was always on each boring morning on CBC, I've never really decided on watching it the 345764325342th time I seen it's opening theme. This show is just TERRIBLE. Well not really, But it just doesn't catch me. Never did.

"plonounce"*

The Chinese guy had a lisp

Anyway, This show was always on each boring morning on CBC, I've never really decided on watching it the 345764325342th time I seen it's opening theme. This show is just TERRIBLE. Well not really, But it just doesn't catch me. Never did.

No, you were right at "terrible" ;-)

It'd be "Plonounth" if he had a lisp, too.

I jus' don't get the point in soaps. They're just TV shows, about people acting out bog-standard, every-day life. It's the same thing as just walking outside and having a look around, from the safety of your own couch. :???:

It's like a fictional alternative to real life, only much smaller.

Much rather stick on an episode of The Unit, or Stargate, or CSI.

Hell, even Rainbow.

'Least that's got funny double entendres and flashy colours.

This is a discussion thread about Coronation Street, and we're discussing Coronation Street, and by extension, the whole Soap genre.

Until we start talking about crazy Chinese dudes who can't say stuff properly. Which, let's face it, is much more fun!

The Chinese and Japanese often mistranslate words containing "R" to contain "L" instead and vice versa. "Critical " becomes "Clitical", Clap your hands" becomes "Crap your hands." and so on.

If he has a lisp, "Pronounced" becomes "Pronounthed"

So a combination of the two, you end up with "Plonounthed".

Fate was not smiling on the speech impaired Chinese people when that word was invented.

This is a discussion thread about Coronation Street, and we're discussing Coronation Street, and by extension, the whole Soap genre.

Until we start talking about crazy Chinese dudes who can't say stuff properly. Which, let's face it, is much more fun!

The Chinese and Japanese often mistranslate words containing "R" to contain "L" instead and vice versa. "Critical " becomes "Clitical", Clap your hands" becomes "Crap your hands." and so on.

If he has a lisp, "Pronounced" becomes "Pronounthed"

So a combination of the two, you end up with "Plonounthed".

Fate was not smiling on the speech impaired Chinese people when that word was invented.

lol I'm all for random stuff, but maybe leave this thread be?