• Drums
    • Classical Strings (e.g Violin, Cello)
    • Brass
    • WoodWind

-All sorts of guitar

-bass

-piano

-singing

I used to play bass when I was 10, but I switched to guitar at the age of 14. I've added more instruments as I've grown up from there.

I agree that there's a shortage of bassists in the world! I guess guitar is more fun to play alone in your bedroom :) I only started bass because I was in a band ("hey Pekka, we have started this band. You wanna join us and play the bass?" "Yeah, sure!") but as soon as that fell apart I switched over. Probably a familiar story for a lot of guitarreros out there.

I agree that there's a shortage of bassists in the world! I guess guitar is more fun to play alone in your bedroom :) I only started bass because I was in a band ("hey Pekka, we have started this band. You wanna join us and play the bass?" "Yeah, sure!") but as soon as that fell apart I switched over. Probably a familiar story for a lot of guitarreros out there.

Almost too familiar, my two favourite bands were formed around a situation not too dissimilar haha

have played both drums and bass in separate bands (and not at the same time although that would be awesome) but i wouldn't say they are an instrument i play... i own a bass and an electric kit but they're just to mess around with really.

have played acoustic and electric guitar for a good few years,

played clarinet for nearly 11 years now...

played piano for somewhere nearing 6, although lately that's going down the drain i never practice ever.

i'm also a mean tambourine machine.

• 2 months later...

I'm a piano/keyboard player. I started to play it when I was six years old but I lost the interest on it so I quit it after one year. A a few years later when I was about 11 I decided to start playing it again and I played it passionetily for a few years but then it started to feel like I was forced to play so I decided to have a break. I still play keyboards sometimes when I got a real inspiration to make a song. I have done only four songs within six months but I really like them so I guess it's worth it. I love to play it when I feel like it, but if I have to push myself to play it loses that great joy.

Currently learning to play guitar, but I'm reverting electric from acoustic. The strings are too darn thick for my soft fingers. Most people I know think the switch is a good idea. It's worth a try.

I also own a bass and can play it well enough.

Also going to learn to play the keyboard and do synth the old 70s prog way.

A rather insane ambition, but still.

Also going to learn to play the keyboard and do synth the old 70s prog way.

A rather insane ambition, but still.

In the vein of Yes, ELP and Gentle Giant? Get a Mellotron or a Moog (both, if you're going for the flamboyancy of ELP :)), hammer random sus4 chords and you're set.

I'm a guitarist first and foremost, but since I have no one else to play bass for my solo projects, I also know how to play bass.

Usually I play guitar 3 hours a day and bass guitar 30 minutes to an hour a day.

I can play keyboards and drums a little better than a complete beginner, but rarely focus on those instruments.