1 member has voted

1. 1. Will You Download the leak?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BNE leaks.. it's going to be this or next week.

Definitely by the end of next week.. cause isn't the Hot Topic listening party next Friday? Someone's going to leak it.

I wouldn't download any leak that was someone recording an album through Hot Topic speakers. :lol:

lolz

not what i meant.

Wouldn't a Hot Topic member have an advanced copy of the CD?

Or at least a digital copy..

They could leak that.

Not if they value their job haha. The CD's will surely be watermarked with the store address so if it leaks, they can trace it back to the store.

Do you think someone will be both dumb AND hax0r enough to leak the album into Youtube and somehow not get the album deleted and himself/herself banned within hours? I don't believe that's what is going to happen, but stay REALLY vigilant and you might catch a glimpse. :)

Do they actually watermark the retail versions of the album as well? I haven't heard of that.

Do you think someone will be both dumb AND hax0r enough to leak the album into Youtube and somehow not get the album deleted and himself/herself banned within hours? I don't believe that's what is going to happen, but stay REALLY vigilant and you might catch a glimpse. :)

Do they actually watermark the retail versions of the album as well? I haven't heard of that.

Well often they are being deleted and the user banned, but there are also times when they are not. I have found several albums on there. But of course if someone like say Madonna (just an example) is uploaded on youtube, it is gonna be deleted asap and user banned.

That is not to say that the album will be uploaded on youtube, but that it wouldn't surprise me if it is. There are a lot of illegal stuff on that site.

Oh and for your first part. Well there are always people who are leaking stuff like this, although I don't understand why they are willing to take the risk.

Are they shipping the album to Hot Topic before other retailers then? That's the only reason I can think of why they would prevent a specific retailer from leaking it. I imagine there's always someone leaking the stuff in every retailer on the planet, so it's not like it won't get leaked anyway. :/

Are they shipping the album to Hot Topic before other retailers then? That's the only reason I can think of why they would prevent a specific retailer from leaking it. I imagine there's always someone leaking the stuff in every retailer on the planet, so it's not like it won't get leaked anyway. :/

It's just a "listening party" and it's 11 days before the release, I think they're just getting one copy per store.

I'm a little late, but Hot Topic doesn't get any copies of the album for the listening party. It's broadcast to all the stores over a radio station. Leak issue solved! :)

Fueled By Ramen is wicked tight with their albums before they are released. Didn't they mention in some magazine review that someone played the songs for them on a CD player, watched them the whole time to make sure no one was recording anything, then when it was done, they locked it up and took it away?