Infamous Spam Thread - Part 16

RenegadeRoss

With alternate, I can get bigger motions. And although bigger motions aren't as efficient, THEY'RE BIGGER. AND BIGGER MEANS LOUDER.

Uhh...16 years old...that means the first grade of upper secondary school for me. Fuck that. It sucked compared to where I am now.

Heh, I didn't really go to parties until I was 17, but the drinking started at 15.

When I was 16 and most of my friends were 15 (I was kept back a year in kindergarten due to severe coordination problems and spatial visual issues lololol), it was more " WE ARE YOUNG AND FREE, EMBRACE THE ALCOHOL" rather than the cool kids at school that drank it because it was apparently hip to do it.

Responsibility free times those were.

Hmh, I have a hard time believing anyone under the age of 17-18 drinks without the thought "fuck yeah I'm drinking alcohol" in the back of their head.

It's true that the responsibility free days are over, but with responsibility, comes great power 8-) or something like that

I wont deny there was "fuck yeah, I'm drinking alcohol" in my head, but I didn't go around telling my class about my weekend like the "kool" kidz did either.

Of course I'm gonna think fuck yeah, alcohol, that shit was fun to drink and still is anyway.

Ironically, now that I can legally drink I go a lot easier on the booze. But I imagine it's the same for many people that do end up growing up anyway.

The responsibility thing makes me feel old, ohhhh so old.

Ohh you Finnish lads you.

Also, do you think it's retarded that people can think music is objectively bad?

Someone on progarchives.com said something like "Sometimes fans of bands rate albums really highly even if they know it's objectively not all that good".

WTF? explain this to me, because I don't understand what that means.

It's another way of saying "hello I'm retarded and I want you to run me over with a steamroller and then feed me to tarantula wasps.". The word "overrated" falls into this category as well.

Art is a subjective experience, it's not supposed to be objectively good or bad. FUCK.

Somehow I still haven't left that forum board in complete disgust at the elitism there, but I barely post there anymore.

While this place might not have much in the way of many deep and meaningful topics (at least, not relating to the actual band itself anyway lol), it's at least fun and there aren't assholes here.

Progarchives even have topics like "You ever feel sorry for people that don't understand prog?".

It's still a pretty useful site for discovering prog bands though.

That type of stuff isn't exclusive to prog, though. If you look at Youtube, for example, there is loads of elitism for every genre in existence. Progarchives just happens to be a nexus where all the zealots gather so that they can look like a bigger force than they actually are. :P