Randon Poll That You Should Take

EasyTarget

Are you...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you...

I'm a lefty.

My dad is ambidextrous. He's naturally left handed, but he was forced to write with his right hand because it was "socially unacceptable" to be left handed back when he was a kid.

Exactly the same with my dad. Otherwise he would just be strapped. Or hit with a rattan cane.

Did you know its been scientifically proven that left handed people are more creative than right handed people?

Just saying.

How is it even possible to prove something like that scientifically?

I'm a lefty, just like my dad. He was forced to write with his right hand as a kid, but he thought "fuck it" and refused to do it, so eventually the teacher let him write with his left hand. As difficult as that was with ink.

I can write with either of my hands (looks nicer when I write with my left hand, though:p), but it's something I've learned over time and it has nothing to do with real ambidexterity. I use firearms, hockey sticks and such like a lefty but I play guitar like a righty and I guess I could do most of the stuff mirrored if I could be bothered to learn it. You all know right-handed guys who shoot from the right side in ice hockey, don't you?

I'm naturally left handed, but I can also write with my right in the same exact handwriting. I play guitar right handed, baseball left handed, hockey left handed, football right handed.

So I would class myself as ambidextrous.

How is it even possible to prove something like that scientifically?

I dont know, but I read a report about it.

I think its because you tend to work more with the opposite side of your brain then the hand you write with... therefore left handed people work more with the right side of their brain, and the right side of the brain is in charge or creative things.

I dont know, but I read a report about it.

I think its because you tend to work more with the opposite side of your brain then the hand you write with... therefore left handed people work more with the right side of their brain, and the right side of the brain is in charge or creative things.

That's not entirely true, but yeah, it's been shown that there are relatively more "creative" people among lefties than among righties. It's kinda hard to say that lefties are MORE creative than righties, but there are studies saying that creativity correlates with a certain type of thinking that's common among lefties.

I want to throw a new question out there now. How do you guys approach problems? Do you try to break it down into smaller problems and work from there, or do you try to look at the big picture and try to see the pattern/form a model?